Discotek licenses Space Wolf Juspion

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Dr Kain, Aug 12, 2018 at 12:36 PM.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

2. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

One of the co-founders of MegaBeast Empire has confirmed on twitter that the English subs will be based upon their fansub and they will be getting credited on the DVDs.

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

Wow, that is quite interesting.

4. scikaiju

scikaiju science experiment gone wrong

Home Page:
    While I'm happy more toku is getting released over here, been hearing people talk about an anime like boom for the genre since the Japan Hero days, this seems to be an odd choice. Would love to know the reasoning behind this pick up over a series like Gavan for example.

5. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Juspion was broadcast in Brazil back in the 80s and apparently remains very popular there, so they're hoping that gives it some recognition among Brazilian-American families.

6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

NO idea, but I guess it was a cheap license. From what was mentioned on Twitter, Kamen Rider costs the combined cost of Sentai and Metal Heroes.

As for a toku boom, I knew it was not in the days of Japan Hero as anime was just taking off. I even said back in 2004 that it would be at least 15-20 years before a Toku boom were to happen, but I knew it would.

7. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

YAY! :D I'm so happy for the news and for MegaBeast Empire!
    Yet another Officially Licensed Tokusatsu to add to the collection.

EDIT: And that box art! Very retro. I love it.

8. That was a dig at Shout! Factory wasn't it?