Digimon Xros Wars - Talk it Up!

Discussion in 'Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE' started by garfield15, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

Sarcasm, man, sarcasm!

I...couldn't tell they wouldn't be all that fun. Just watching people playing with them was so odd.

2. The Analyzer

The Analyzer New Member

Episode 23 in the translation stage, Ryuu Rogue reports.

3. Sentinel King

Sentinel King Banned

I fuckin' knew it! :redface2:

Thank you for that report.

4. acidic

acidic Member

....Where did you find these, Kaji? I need to distract someone I owe an art request, and she happens to like that stuff. xD;;

Anyways, glad to see RyRo will be subbing 23-26. C:

5. Hidden Masta

Hidden Masta Member

Translation: ....Where did you find these Kaji? I want to see extreme amounts of yaoi.

Anways, glad to see RyRo will be "bothering" with 23-26....those assholes.

6. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

Pixiv, but you need to make an account. (WARNING: It's Japanese)

...I am NOT going to swim into the land of penises to get you more pictures again. I've had enough last night, and i don't wanna go through it again. I think one shot me in the eye...

7. Sentinel King

Sentinel King Banned

:laugh:

8. acidic

acidic Member

Oh Hidden Masta, you've seen right through me.

Thanks, Kaji! But... It looks like I'll just need to get that picture done, Pixiv's all messed up on my computer. >.< And lol, sorry you went through that, some of that stuff is just awful. xD

9. Hidden Masta

Hidden Masta Member

Did anyone else feel weird when Zen totally killed that Kotemon in cold blood?

And what was with the animation for Nene when he saved him? She was all shiny.

10. Sentinel King

Sentinel King Banned

'Cause Nene's awesome. That's why, bro! :thumbs:

11. Chris

Chris Member

Different animators.

And Zenjiro killing kotemon was epic. After the preview, people thought Kotemon would become his pseudo-partner. Oh how they were wrong xD

12. Sentinel King

Sentinel King Banned

Oh, my thoughts exactly!

13. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

.....That was in the preview, right? I'm making sure....

14. Chris

Chris Member

Yeah, there was a kotemon in the preview. Have you not seen 24 yet? Vale have subbed it with MUCH better quality subs, and they haven't messed up as much of the translations this time.

http://fansub.valerauko.net/

15. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

No, I didn't have a link to Vale's blog. Someone do me a favor and keep me posted on vale's blog, because compared to RyRo, I tend to forget.

16. Sentinel King

Sentinel King Banned

Will you please excuse me, bro! I has to clean my glasses for a moment! Are you for real?? DAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNN! My weekends' continuing to getting better! Thank you very much, indeed! For that information!

17. garfield15

garfield15 Kamen Rider Meta

Eh...Vale's subs are really not bad, but they could use some serious QC'ing. I saw some bad spelling and grammar issues

("Fire Men" does not mean "Fire Mask!" And "Onore" definitely does not mean "You're dead" even if they have the same connotations)
    I'm gonna be honest with you. I thought that was totally badass.

At first I was like "Holy shit, what just happened" but then I was like "Zenjirou just kicked a Digimon's ass by himself!" Also, we never actually "saw" it deleted and as seen before in the show, unless we see it deleted, it's probably not dead.

18. Chris

Chris Member

They definatly put their own spin on some of the translations.

19. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

Actually, I think "men" is the term in Kendo. I had to research this for a fanfic, but I think "do" means "body", and "men" either means "head" or "mask". "Fire Men" is the type of kendo strike that aims for the head.

Kotemon, as you can tell, is a Rookie Digimon based off of Kendo.

His attack, "Fire Mask," or Hothead in English, is stated as "Headbutts the enemy with a flaming mask, or a flaming bamboo sword." But men is the term kendo practitioners yell when training, like where they'll strike or so.

Edit:
    Also, I sort of think "Damn you!" and "You're dead!" would honestly have a SIMILAR meaning in terms of emotional words rather than a literary meaning. You kinda don't have to be TOO literal with meanings; sometimes it's best to think outside the box when wording things.

20. garfield15

garfield15 Kamen Rider Meta

Okay, but still, there were missing words and spelling errors that I did notice.

I knew "Men" meant face or head in Kendo, but I didn't consider it could be referring to the mask.

Also, BLASTMON NEXT WEEK! BLALALALALALAAAAA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.