Decade Belt

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Aoiblue, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Chad Hyou

Chad Hyou Member

Since I have yet to actually obtain the Decadriver (I've ordered one from HLJ while its status was on "backordered", but it recently changed to "June Restock", I've never known items with tags like that to actually get restocked. case in point, Zeronos and Rod Form Armor Trans figures) I've mostly been basing everything off speculation from YouTube movies and such. Some fake cards actually get the Decadriver to say only part of a phrase it normally would, or just singular words by themselves.

I was hoping it would be possible to spoof a barcode to create a custom combination. For example, inserting a card with a known barcode would cause it to say "ATTACK RIDE - BLADE". The theory was, with experimentation, a correctly-drawn barcode would cause the Decadriver to say something like "ATTACK RIDE - X".

This however is based on the theory that the barcode-reader responds with individual sound files, instead of one sound file containing the entire phrase. I have not seen any evidence to suggest this is actually the case or not however.

2. EvaXgouki

EvaXgouki Member

In terms of programming, associating one file with one barcode combination is shorter and easier than having to deal with reading and associating parts of a bar code with a file. For example:

if bardcode = [][]|||[][]
    then play "file0047"

as opposed to

if barcode = [][]|*
    then play "file0015"
    then
    if barcode = *||[][]
    then play "file0084"
    or
    if barcode = *|[][][]
    then play "file0052"
    or
    if barcode = *|||[]
    then play "file0043"
    etc...

Though now that I think about it more the audio files are probably 2 separate files (i.e. file "Attack Ride" and file "Decade") since plays the second half after the button in the back is depressed. That would mean the code would be something like:

if bardcode = [][]|||[][]
    then play "file0047"
    then when button = active
    play "file0048"

In this case it still associates one barcode but this time with a pair a files (and the code itself is still short and simple).

*note this is not actual programming code. I'm combining with what little I remember from my one programming class to get the general idea across so please do not flame me for horrible code writing :sweat:

3. Alcin91

Alcin91 Member

Home Page:
    Before you can do anything,you have to figure HOW to put in the sound files into those PCB and chips in the belt.No matter how much you crack it,if the decadriver is uploaded with those amount of files,you only can crack them.

I believe the Decadriver is not programmed with the sounds we hear in the show so we can practically forget it

4. Chad Hyou

Chad Hyou Member

so, if what I'm interpreting from all of this is correct, it's NOT possible to get the Decadriver to say things like "Attack Ride - X" or "Form Ride - Shin" no matter how many different barcode combinations one tries?

5. deeznuts1234

deeznuts1234 dude nerdisms thats what you are

yes just have to make the bar code as such. It'd be cool lots of time and effort but yes possible it sounds like.

6. Alcin91

Alcin91 Member

Home Page:
    It's not possible.If i am not wrong,there is only generic sounds for 90% of the ganbaride cards out there.They just go Attack Ride/Final Ride/Form Ride then with a blasting sound,that's all

7. Chad Hyou

Chad Hyou Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhYqlwtryQ[/ame]

8. Alcin91

Alcin91 Member

Home Page:
    Ya,that's all you can do.The rest are not possible.The PDF file for the cards are already uploaded like ages ago.The owner of the video provided a link to the pdf also.Print it and cut it so you can use it...That's all the sounds can do.

9. EvaXgouki

EvaXgouki Member

Woohoo! My K-Touch arrived today!

:castlerock: :castlerock: :castlerock:

10. skotak

skotak Member

Its showing me that, Video Has been Removed Due to violition.

Can you tell me what to do?:p