D-Arts Thread - News and Reviews

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by alternate-zer0, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Amon

Amon Member

Would anyone like to see D-Arts figures based on Valve video game franchises like Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, Portal and Half Life or they fit the S.H Figuarts line better? I want to see TF2 figures with better articulation and more accessories then the NECA figures.

2. ClimaxHeroDen-O

ClimaxHeroDen-O Ore, Sanjou!

3. Amon

Amon Member

I'm happy that Bluefin is releasing Omnimon in the US. I finally no longer have to pay over $100 for him.

4. Dark Kabuto

Dark Kabuto In Justice, We Trust!

So um…Bluefin;s facebook page is suggesting that we could be getting Mario figures. :O_O:

5. Amon

Amon Member

Nice! Anyone else other then me hope for Ratchet & Clank D-Arts?

6. GPAnthony

GPAnthony Member

So, from this month's scans.... the D-arts line is pretty much done... looks like all future D-arts releases now get to be full on S.H.Figuarts! Starting with Lucario and God Eater 2 Alisa.

7. S.I.C.K.

S.I.C.K. Member

Aww. No White Knight Chronicles? Is D-Arts really retiring the line? Other than the Omegamon slated for an April 2014 release, is D-Arts not making anything else?

I thought Lucario was part of the D-Arts line.

8. GPAnthony

GPAnthony Member

There are going to be more Video Game character figures from Tamashii, they've just graduated to S.H.Figuarts now instead of having their own side brand. So, there'll be no more D-arts, they're just going to be Figuarts now.

I think this is because apparently several members of the same team worked on both lines, so it was probably seen as a waste of resources to split the team between projects.

Also, Tamashii has been very aggressive since last year in trying to grow their brand name outside of Japan, and the Figuarts brand has become one of the best and most popular action figure lines in the world. Since Figuarts carries more clout that D-arts, maybe they thought it was a good idea to just combine everything into the same category marketing-wise? Especially if they're going to expand into DC Comics, Nintendo characters, and musicians.

9. Amon

Amon Member

I guess that explains why Mario was tease as a S.H Figuart on Bluefin's page. I wonder if the future Digimon figures will be Figuarts now or MonsterArts?

10. Baltan II

Baltan II Space Ninja

Home Page:
    I think there's a good chance simply for the sake of reusing existing box layouts that Bandai isn't going to bother rebranding any planned reissues, especially since we don't know how far between those preorders and now the decision was made. Future reissues, whatever they might be, could go either way and possibly depends on what market they're meant to sate, like Anthony's speculation suggests.

11. GPAnthony

GPAnthony Member

Since Pokemon are going to Figuarts now, I think Digimon would probably be Figuarts, too. Though, I do wish they'd further expand Monsterarts into some new territory. It will be interesting to finally have some non-humanoid type Figuarts.

12. Silent_X

Silent_X Member

Omega/Omnimon's re-release better sell well!
    I can't really help because I already have one.

If I die(let's say in 60 to 80 to 3000 years) without getting a good articulated Ulforce V-dramon it will be my only regret.

13. GPAnthony

GPAnthony Member

Are... are you a cyborg?

Well, hopefully, Bluefin is letting the home base know that there's a big following for Digimon in the US.

14. Amon

Amon Member

I guess the non-humanoid Digimon could work for the S.H MonsterArts line like Greymon. Greymon is a popular and iconic Digimon, so I would imagine he would get made one day.

15. skywing-TM

skywing-TM Member

This. Seriously, with the Digimon Re: Digitize Decode being released, I thought D-Arts of Ulforce (and Alphamon too) shouldn't be far behind. Guess I was wrong (.___.)

16. Amon

Amon Member

Digimon Fusion just came out in the US. So I think it's possible we could see more Digimon figures due to the US market. Tamashii Nations have made figures for the US market before. For example, the S.H Figuarts of Zyuranger and Tiger & Bunny.

17. Clocktower

Clocktower Member

Tiger & Bunny is/was hugely popular in Japan, US demand had nothing to do with those and Zyuranger is still one of the most popular Super Sentai teams. The US nostalgia for MMPR was clearly the driving force, but they weren't made solely for the US.

DBZ is the closest we've had to figures being made pretty much only for the US and I don't think Digimon approaches its popularity.

18. Amon

Amon Member

I hear from a Interview at the NYC Comic Con that Kiba Ranger from Dairanger and the other Zyurangers got made because of the US market. Kiba Ranger's design is more popular with the western fandom then he is in Japan. Also the S.H MonsterArts Godzilla figures and the upcoming S.H Figuarts of Injustice were also made for the US market.

I think more Digimon figures could be made due to popular demand. I think Fusion could make Digimon more mainstream again since there's a lot of marketing for it lately. Unlike Savers which had hardly any marketing for it in the US from what I can remember.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  19. IZORx10

IZORx10 Member

Home Page:
    Is DBZ really that much more of a thing in the US than in Japan?

20. Red Tyranno Ranger

Red Tyranno Ranger Tyrannosaurus!

Didn't they flat out say US demand is what saved the line from cancellation?*like the DBZ line before it* Anyone aside from Geki and Burai was.