Dōbutsu Sentai Zyuohger, Episode 03: "Can't Go Home, Even Though I Want To"

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by Toku Prime, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

[​IMG]

Three weeks in and the knockoff toys are already easily available.

This week: Amu continues spending all of Yamato's money, a couple with very different priorities, Leo has to be shown what a phone does, debuting the giraffe bazooka (!) and even if they are funny animal people that won't prevent Toei from finding a way to depict women doing the housework. :redface2:

2. Undrave

Undrave CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!

Was the bickering couple a cameo? Felt a bit random to me...

It wa a bit annoying that despite the episode being about Amu it's Yamato's ability that lets them defeat the bad guy... I got bad flashbacks to Ninninger :/ thankfully they pulled a team finisher at least.

Is there a unifying theme to the Deathgaliens? Because they feel a bit random so far.

I really think they could have pushed the video game aspect further... instead of having monsters of the weeks the Generals should have picked 'Avatars', essentially the forms of warriors they defeated on other planets, and then upload their mind in the body to go down and battle in hope of getting the Zyuohgers for their own collection. When their avatar get destroyed they would just eject and the Continue would have been used to create a wild mindless giant version. With enough Generals you could have covered the whole show without too much overlap and then when they lose all their avatars they get desperate...

Also I really wish the triangular fighter jet could combine to make giant mooks make of pyramids (to mirror how ZyuohKing is made of cubes).

3. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

^ Your idea for the Deathgaliens is good, but there's still something to be said about a large, roaming space gang. They're kinda like a combination of Bowzock and Balban from Carranger and Gingaman respectively.

4. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

I heard a theory that the monsters of the week are at least partially inspired by the olympics going on later this year. So the first monster of the week has a kind of torch for an arm, the second can make javelins rain from the sky, the third was a shooter/archer. Whether that's true or just people trying to find a pattern, I dunno.

5. Undrave

Can't wait for the Row Boat monster...

6. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

[ ] Green is the king of the forest alright, because his personality is wooden for days. :rimshot:

[ ] Yamato getting right to the point! Cutting through Amu's shoping BS early was very nice. They could have dragged her denial on forever, but they didn't.

[ ] The reality of Amu wanting to go home, but knowing well enough that it isn't going to happen so 'yolo' essentially, was really cool and unexpected from who you thought was the stock 'smile, smile' type. I mean there is still time to lose that aspect and demote the character to lazy writing, but for now credit where credit is due.

[ ] Yama's eyesight thing is cool, but kind of makes the senses less special for the others and limits him from certain struggles. It's an easy guess why he has it, but hopefully they touch upon it more.

[ ] Amu not wanting to leave the cake was cute. It was a simple reaction, that could have been over-done, but her choice was nice.

[ ] Not a fan of the female villain serving drinks. Have a foot soldier do that.

[ ] The girl that came off the bus, was cute and had an overall nice look. lol Sentai would never dress a ranger so casually, or mix fabrics in such a way.

[ ] The moving bus battle was cool, reminds me of the moving train battle in TQG. Which also means the type of creativity won't happen again lol.

[ ] Something about this year's monster growth method tells me that they should have the option of not giving a continue coin....but they're just going to use it every time as usual aren't they..

[ ] The rainbow dimension for the mech summoning doesn't look genuine. It's almost like they made it because they felt the mech growth needed spicing up. lol

[ ] And through the power of nothing you get a new mech, yea that is something I have long accepted but will never like.

[ ] The cubes before they shed to true form are so cool. Now knowing they come in different colors for different cube types, they MUST sell them. It's not even a question anymore.

[ ] Teaching Amu how to vacuum? Get the fuuuuuux outta here with that LOL geez, they're not even trying to hide their sexism anymore. Only reason why it doesn't get me too too mad is because everyone one was soon after assigned chores; but even then it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. All you could do is shake your head at this stuff.

Well what truly sucked about the episode was that Amu had to share, and this is clearly going to be the Red show more so than usual.

So it's safe to assume the four won't get home until the end of the series. One could say 'that's fucking obvious Kivat' correct? Meaning that odds are high that these rangers will convientilaly find more cubes in the human world as the plot sees fit, correct? And they will earn them through yelling ' we can't give up', yes? If so, then what the hell will be of worth is Zyuland if all the good shyt is in the human world? Welp, we're only 3 in so these theories will be put in a box, but the box won't be in the attic. It will be somewhere in the living room so I can keep an eye on it every so often.

7. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

It seems you're of the mindset that household chores are "uncool" and thus it's "demeaning" for someone to be doing them.

8. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

Not even. Well first off, you say that as if there is a faction that thinks chores are "cool" lol. I don't think it's demeaning for people. I think relegating it to only women is demeaning. But don't get it twisted, there are also exceptions. If there is a little girl who is a single child and her parents tell her to do the dishes, then yea go right ahead. It's realistic, not poorly idealistic.

9. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

And coincidentally, it's also the person who gets dazzled by cute shoes, dresses, cakes, etc. All the stereotypes in one package. Maybe the next episodes we'll see her loving cooking or wanting to be an idol or switching moods for no reason.

I don't particularly mind it, but I imagine lazy would be throwing a huge fit right about now.

10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

WTF?!

I played by the rules and made sure there was no scene long enough that could warrant me a take down strike:

[​IMG]

11. vision

vision glasses: on

Home Page:
    With Yamato gaining the Eagles' eyesight, I wonder if the final arc is gonna be the twist that because he's using the cubes powers, he will eventually become an Eagle Zyuman.

12. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

Or he could be an Eagle Zyuman himself (or half), and get us some of that Zyuman and Humans can get along thing.

13. Aikijou

Aikijou New Member

Toei is notorious for doing this. It's like they don't want anyone to say anything about their shows. I'm mostly going to be using pictures for my podcast when it gets uploaded on Youtube, and even I'm scared of doing that.

14. Shougo B'Stard

Shougo B'Stard Would like to change his avatar

Home Page:
    It's sugarcoated with the video game stuff, but they're hunters. They hunt for sport. Humans are their target, and it's up to animals (and the power of animals) to save the humans -- animals, who know a thing or two about being senselessly hunted for sport. I'm surprised the show isn't taking a "humans are Deathgaliens to animals, so they DON'T want to protect them" angle.

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

It doesn't make sense because I clearly violated copyright with my Zyuranger review, slightly did it with my Dairanger one, but Toei only monetized them and blocked them from being viewed in Japan. Zyuohger though, I fully stuck to Fair Use and never went over 24 seconds with anything, and I get a complete copyright strike. WTF? These companies need to grow up and realize this si 2016, not 1916. Anyway, I made this after I got home from work today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76HKOEySQ-g

16. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

Maybe it's because it's an ongoing series and they have different criteria? I dunno, it baffles me as well.

17. LaZerwolfX

LaZerwolfX Henshin a Go-Go!!

Am I the only person who views the idea of Yamato being a Zyuman to be a less-than-great idea?
    If he has always been a Zyuman and has forgotten or whatevs then that would completely undermine the statement put forth in the first episode that humans are animals too and that humans and animals can fight to protect the earth.
    On the other hand; if the Cube is turning him into a Zyuman then he is forcibly being mutated into another species. Seems like an unfortunate situation despite the bonus of super-vision.

18. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

Heh, I do think it sucks.

Four of them being furries already peeves me off, though, but I just decided to have an open mind and go with the premise.

19. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

I still think the Zyumen should've been guardian deities of animals instead of a random group of humanoid animals that just happen to exist. Your idea could work well with that premise. As it is, there's no real connection between Zyuland and what's happening on Earth. It's not like Goseiger where the heroes are from a place specifically charged with protecting Earth and threats just happen to come. The Zyumen didn't even know how life on Earth is like, much less the Deathgaliens' existence.

I'm reminded of Earth Force and Aura Power from Changeman and Maskman: we have these abilties but we won't go into what they are or what their connection is to anything. (Though granted Earth Force is just to protect the planet from threats in general.)

20. Undrave

Well the Link Cube did activate the moment the Deathgaliens started attacking, so there must be a reason why right? Zyuland and the human world must be linked somehow.