Complete Selection Modification Faiz Driver

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Actar, Feb 19, 2016.

1. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Lurker

Didn't they make a complete selection Orga (to be fair, it's one of the rarest complete selections ever). I'm guessing the only thing that would change is just adding leds on the belt itself.

2. Actar

Actar Otaku University Student

I'm sorry, but this is a pretty shitty trailer. It shows us nothing that the pictures haven't already.

https://youtu.be/RK1S47FPUe4

Actually, the CS version does have the 4 screw holes. You just can't see it well in that video.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  3. Actar

Well, I still don't believe it, but whoever predicted a CSM Faiz Axel was right on the money,

[​IMG]

I really don't know how to feel about this one. Are they going to make everything CS-sized? CSM is just a blatant misnomer at this point. At least they have an opportunity to correct the incorrect reformation sound.

4. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

YESSSSSS! Bring on Blaster!

5. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

I was so freaking hoping for this, as idcrisis says Bring on the Blaster

6. Actar

*Note that there are hints on the official developers' blog that the Axel Watch will be able to interact with the CSM Faiz Gear.

Well, I admit I was wrong about Axel, but I still have my doubts with regard to Blaster. Making a new mold for the Axel Watch is easy, but a final form/weapon toy in Complete Selection size? Also, I demand that they drop the CSM label if they do so. At this point, they're no longer "modifying" anything. It is Complete Selection. Though, before I jump the gun, for the Axel Watch, I'm not sure if they'll be creating a new mold or just adjusting the size of the Axel Mission Memory bay.

Thinking about it, they never did do a CSM Xtreme Memory or CSM K-Touch, so I would't be surprised if they skipped Faiz's final form too. (>.<)

7. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

Agreed. Like I said before, it's probably a pipe dream, but one can hope.

The K-Touch and Blaster are the only final form items that would be worth getting IMO.

If the King Rouzer was Blade's item instead of the Rouze Absorber, I would want that too. Though we'll probably never see Blade in CS(M) form.

8. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

thing is though both the CSM W and Deca driver use the same molds as the DX so either way they fit just fine, well except for the buckle part of the deca driver when the K touch is in the belt but either way Ya never know what to expect and damn it I don't care if it's in the 400 range a CSM blaster case would be baller

9. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

the King rouzer as a CSM would make me shit a diamond brick if they ever did a CSM release of the blade belts I'd jump on em

10. Actar

Oh dear, be careful what you wish for! (>.<)

11. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

I've spent close to that amount for a replica of garo's sword unarmored version ofcourse cause the armored one is just too rich for me, even then realistically a CSM blaster case I can see close to a standard CSM belt price or a little lower to be honest, Also Actar looking at your faiz collection you can't deny a full size faiz blaster case gets the nerd juices flowing the only thing missing is the slasher for a full set

12. Actar

Wow, they made the manual a replica of the manual from the show. 10/10 for effort guys.

13. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

wait so they even made the manual for the faiz gear?

14. Actar

The actual manual is made to look like the manual from the show. (^o^)

On a more somber note, my proxy just shifted my order from the September release to the November release, despite me confirming with them before that my order was the September one. I've asked if I could get in on the September release or get a refund, but they're refusing to do both, stating that it's the maker's fault for changing the date. No. This is obviously because you guys took in way more orders than possible for the September release. Urgh. As you'd expect, I am less than pleased.

So, now I have to buy another set from elsewhere and sell this one when I get it in November.

15. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

I'm in the same boat as you, except I don't have Orphnochs at my front door waiting for me to henshin and fight so I'll just wait 2 months like a normal person.

Kidding aside, I'd be interested on seeing what you choose to do for the Gearbox.

16. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

I'm personally just being patient and waiting for the november release, ditto on that note Actar if you find someone to make one or make one yourself let me know or can I commission one from ya, the case would add a nice touch to my faiz cosplay for next year's con that is if my plan A, B, and C cosplays fall through

17. Actar

Haha, as I see it, I'm still spending the same amount of money either way, less if I'm able to sell the second one at a higher price depending on the market rate. (^.^;)

Oh? I already have a Gear Box lined up. (^.^) Didn't I post that here before? I managed to get a 100% show-accurate one with silver borders a couple of months back. Much rarer than the more common grey-bordered one. It's fitted for the CS/CSM-sized Faiz Gear.

[​IMG]

But, there's going to be a problem. The belt straps won't be able to fit and don't come off easily. I'll have to experiment when I get mine to see if they come off by unscrewing them from the main Driver. If you want one, the only way of getting them now, to my knowledge is going through Yahoo Auctions Japan. There are people who specialize in buying up and modifying these cases.

Also, selfish desire here, but I really hope they don't make CSM Kaixa or Delta Drivers. I'm tired of hunting down cases... The Delta Gear Box being the most expensive going anywhere from $2000 to $3000. Suffice to say I didn't pay that much for mine all those years ago. The least they can do is use the DX molds so that I can just use the ones I have already...

18. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

YEOWCH, that's nuts, thanks for the tip I'll see if my middle man can help me out, if they do anything else for the CSM line for faiz god damnit I want the blaster case, that way I can have a full set, also I don't think you mentioned it. also have you looked into my tip about the clear resin on the psycho pass gun?

19. Actar

Oh my God. Just got mine and it's absolutely beautiful. This is hands down their greatest work yet. Not only is the sculpt and detail amazing, the features are simply stellar. The fact that they made the box look like the Faiz Gear Box and the manual like the one from the show just shows how much thought and care they've put into this. There is a gap between the hinge and the top cover of the phone as well, so I don't think it will scratch from opening and closing the phone.

Not only that, this is a VERY minor detail that I don't think many will pick up on, but I was floored that they actually implemented it. You know how the key presses cycle through the three different tones, Low, Medium and High and back again? Well, only when you are entering four digit codes does it go Low, Medium, High, High, just like in the show!

It's pretty much a perfect release. The light-up screen, the wireless gimmick, the lights in the actual belt... it really doesn't get any better. However, if you want me to be super-demanding, what they also could have done is to of course put in the ringtone and more voices from the other characters, not just Takumi.

Of course, here are the much-awaited pictures of the CSM Faiz Gear in my custom Gear Box!

[hide][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/hide]

CSM packaging compared with the Gear Box:

[hide][​IMG][/hide]

Here's my manual compared with the CSM's manual. Unfortunately, the CSM manual is way too big to be screen-accurate...

[hide][​IMG][/hide]

For those who are curious, YES! The straps are actually removable (via screws) and I used the left over pieces from an old custom adult DX Faiz belt to cobble together a "cheat" that simulates the look of a collapsed belt! (^o^)

[hide][​IMG]
    [​IMG][/hide]

...now I'm really tempted to keep both sets if my budget allows. (^.^;)

EDIT:

Oh my goodness! I was wondering why the codes for the voice clips weren't consecutive! They actually correspond to the episode number/movie that they are from! (O.O) Now THAT is fanservice right there! (^o^)

[hide][​IMG][/hide]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  20. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

if you didn't remove the belt parts how is the fit in the case, also Damn it man must you brag I'm really biting my nails trying to stay patient