Complete Selection Modification Faiz Driver

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Actar, Feb 19, 2016.

1. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

Anyone know why it is so much cheaper on the HK site?

2. dannad

dannad Lurker

Not entirely sure.

JP 30,240 = 270.50USD
    HK 1,770 = 228.20USD
    TW 7,820 = 242.50
    KR (couldn't load page) ~300,000 = 263.00

I suspect shipping is one part. That they are manufactured in China is another. Maybe market? Supply?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  3. Actar

Actar Otaku University Student

Really bummed that they don't have a video for us, unlike all the other CSM toys...

4. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

give it time one will show up eventually

5. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

I think it would've been nice to see a video before ordering something so expensive. Especially for those that already have the CS.

...and i just ordered from HK. Hopefully the phone will still come with the Japanese characters on the buttons.

6. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

it would be nice, although I'm still a little irked about how the CSM uses the CS versions mold so it's in compatible with the DX faiz gear since I would've loved a full set for his stuff

7. Herman the German

Herman the German Treasure Cards of the Underworld

Well, if it's popular enough, they might do more stuff to be released later, like how they did CSM Gatack and Hyper Zecters.

8. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

I can see them doing the Axel Watch, but Blaster might be a pipe dream...

9. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

that'd be nice especially since I really want a full set with all of faiz's gear, speaking of Kabuto I actually managed to get the last of the rider gear for most of the riders from the series, the only thing I couldn't get was the zectmizer thing with the mini drones

10. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

hey ya never know what could happen

11. Actar

The big question is... What could they add other than make them CSM compatible? Thus far, the line has moved from "giving DX toys a face-lift" to "adding features and increasing play value".

Haha, still missing the Gatack and Hopper Zecters.

12. idcrisis

idcrisis Lurker

If they are to make Blaster CS(M) compatible, size would be biggest selling point for me. Plus, it would set a precedent for properly scaled weapons which could potentially open a lot of doors. Besides that though, they could repeat the same formula as the other CSMs: paint, lights, sounds.

13. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

hoppers yes, gatack no I got a CSM

14. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

that's for sure imagine how cool it would be to have a scale zambat sword or even the prism bicker

15. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

16. dannad

dannad Lurker

It is show accurate, so it could just be that...
    On the show, Faiz didn't use that slot, but Kaixa had his pointer mounted there.

17. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

oh right because he kept his primary weapon on his side holster, but hey who knows maybe they will release the faiz blaster and have a mount on it for that spot :shrug:

18. Actar

CALLED IT! I knew the "special sound" would be lines from the actors! More specifically, we have 30+ lines of newly recorded dialogue by Inui Takumi (though his voice does sound much deeper now) activated by pressing "000 + Call", "001 + Call", so on and so forth. Nice that the call function has a use beyond Connectioning.

Still wished that would have added a de-henshin sound that could be heard by pressing the cancel button... (which was used multiple times in the show...)

19. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

who knows maybe they will as a surprise for those who buy it

20. Actar

While that would be nice, the Complete Selection Modification was always about re-using old molds, hence the "Modification" part. The Faiz Driver is a little bit of an anomaly as they lost the mold to the original DX toy and had no choice but to use the CS mold. So, because of this, even the Axel Watch would require a brand new mold as the Axel Mission Memory isn't big enough. At this point in time, I highly doubt anything else from the Faiz line would get a CSM treatment. Not only because of the size difference, the Kaixa Gear would be way too expensive if they were to include the Shot, Pointer and Blaygun.

Perhaps we'll see a Psyga pepaint or a CSM Orga Driver using the CS mold, but that's the most I'll hold my breath for.

If they were to go in a brand new direction and create original molds, they'd best go back to the original CS branding.