Complete Selection Modification Faiz Driver

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Actar, Feb 19, 2016.

1. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

any details about the features or gimicks

2. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

I see what you're saying. I think they did include the legends for the Gaia Memories though, didn't they? I know the box was huge, and there weren't that many normal sticks on the show.

3. KamenRiderUNDERGROUND

KamenRiderUNDERGROUND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!

Don't understand this decision about making a CSM for Faiz when there's already a CM out there, Kaixa or Delta would have made more sense. And it's not like having the electronics on the Faiz Pointer or Faiz Shot will change much anyway...

They could have chosen something different with much more potential:

- Decade and/or Diend K-Touch
    - OOO Driver (extra Tamashii and Super TaToBa Combo)
    - Agito Alter Ring (Trinity Form sound, and distinguishing between Burning and Shining forms)
    - Kuuga Arcle (could do Ultimate form sound, and maybe Rising Ultimate, probably bit hard to do since the sound effects don't change much, plus there is a CS out there already)
    - Knight, Knight Survive, Zolda, Ouja, Tiger visors that could read the cards (although probably won't attract a large market)

There's so many choices, and to me, the first two I've listed are really no-brainers and I don't get why they didn't go for the OOO Driver.

4. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

I think the reason why they're going this route is because they're going in reverse order and I also think it's because of how few CM faiz belts are still floating around, sure an OOO's driver would've been awesome but who knows maybe they'll get to it eventually, also I kinda look forward to this cause with how expensive the CM faiz gear is there is no way I can afford that in one shot and who knows maybe they changed it so that the CSM one works with the older DX toys unlike the CM one

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  5. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

There are a few, and I mean that literally, Complete Selection Faiz Gear sets left, and they're insanely expensive. Re-doing it was not a bad call. It'd be nice to have something new, but the people who buy these didn't grow up on OOO, they were in the early Heisei era.

6. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

yeah that's for sure, I just do hope the CSM faiz gear does work with the older DX toys

7. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

How do you mean with? I think the gear is going to include the pointer, knuckle and phone, so what else is there?

8. KamenRiderBritannia

KamenRiderBritannia Lurker

faiz blaster, the sword, thats it i think

9. Herman the German

Herman the German Treasure Cards of the Underworld

Maybe this has something to do with the resurging popularity of Takumi's character, what with Takumi & actor having made the Heisei amount of returning actor appearance equivalent of the likes of Takeshi Hongo. :B

10. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

Blaster yes, sword absolutely not.

11. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

forgot the accel brace

12. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

to explain a bit in a review of the CM faiz gear they showed that the scaling of the phone for the belt was a lot larger and louder than the original DX phone so it didn't fit in the blaster case, nor did the mission chips fit in the accel brace or in faiz's sword

13. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

That's a good point. I hope they do.

14. Actar

Actar Otaku University Student

SCANS!

[hide][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/hide]

From what I can read, it uses the Complete Selection mold as a base, has communication features between the belt and Faiz Shot and Pointer and the Pointer can project a Faiz logo! The belt itself has lights as well.

Two sets will be available. One with the Belt, Pointer and Shot and one with only the Belt.

More will be revealed in a couple of days time!

15. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

now my question is since it's using the CS mold base does that mean it's larger than the original belt? reason why I ask is that if it is bigger then the original belt then if I do try to get the rest of faiz's gear it might be a waste for me to try and get them if they don't work together because of size issues

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  16. Actar

Pretty much. It won't be compatible with the Faiz Blaster or the Axel Memory.

There's gonna be a "special sound" in the Faiz phone. I bet it's gonna be dialogue from the characters.

Would have loved for them to have included a de-transformation noise though...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  17. dannad

dannad Lurker

I do not believe it is the CS mold. The CSM phone has screw hole covers on the 4 corners of the screen. That's the same as the DX, on which the screws were exposed. The CS phone has no screws (or covers) on those spots. It does look like they removed that locking mechanism from the DX phone (that bracket/clip thing that keeps the phone shut).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

In the image, the top phone is the CS phone, the bottom is DX. The CS phone does not have screws on the 4 corners of the screen, while the DX phone does.

Also, curses...missed the preorder. They maxed out on orders within 3 hours on the Bandai HK website. T.T

18. MagusKaizer

MagusKaizer New Member

aww shit, I really hoped they would've been compatable it would've been really nice to have a full set for the faiz gear, especially since faiz is one of my favorites

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  19. Actar

「サイズは、DX版ではなくて、コンプリートセレクション版のサイズをサイズを採用。より劇中に近いサイズを追求。」

"To achieve greater show accuracy, the size is the same as the Complete Selection version and not the DX."

So, they either used the CS mold or up-sized the DX one. The screws could be due to the fact that they added lights behind the screen. Either way, it's bigger than the DX. (^.^;)

UPDATE Some Japanese fans have told me that Bandai lost the mold to the original DX Faiz Driver back in 2005.

Darn, don't think I can place an order this month due to all the other pre-orders I have lined up... Hope it's still available next month.

...scratch that. I caved.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  20. dannad

dannad Lurker

Pre-orders for the November 2016 release are up on the Bandai JP and HK website. Taiwan is taking orders for October. Korean website is taking orders as well, but I'm not sure if the Korean pre-order is for the September or November release.