Chou Superhero Taisen

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Toku Prime, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

[​IMG]

So, the website for the latest Taisen movie has just gone live. 'Kamen Rider x Super Sentai Chou Superhero Taisen' will be released on Saturday the 25th of March 2017. The text down the middle of the image reads “Assemble the power of every heroâ€.

More details doubtless to follow in the new year.

2. DaikaijuSokogeki!

DaikaijuSokogeki! New Member

Home Page:
    So that translates to Super Super Hero War. God, that's a clunky name.

I'm honestly disappointed we're going back to the Super Hero War format because:

A) All three films with Super Hero War in their names have sucked.
    B)I liked the idea of the Spring movie being a smaller scale Kamen Rider crossover.

Besides, that title reeks of Yonemura and Shirakura. Keeping my hopes at basement level for this one.

3. Wing Saber

Wing Saber Member

Looks like they're moving the annual Rider/Sentai crossover to the theaters.

4. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Can't "chou" also mean 'new'? Every time I've seen the name of the character 'Chou Den-O' translated it's been to 'New Den-O'. It also makes a bit more sense seeing as the Taisen series took a break last spring for the Rider #1 movie, and the autumn 'Kamen Rider Taisen' movie has "leveled up" to 'Kamen Rider Generations'.

5. DaikaijuSokogeki!

Home Page:
    They explicitly use the "超" kanji in this title. It's the same kanji they used for Super Movie War Genesis last year and the Chou Den-O movies. It's also used in the Japanese title for Dragon Ball Super (which even spells out "suupaa" in katakana under the kanji, indicating it's meant to be read as super). If it were written in katakana, then it may have a different meaning (like what Shin Godzilla did: allowing audiences to think it could mean "new", "true", "evolved", "god", or all of the above).

However, I've never heard "chou" translated into "new" before. That Den-O example seems especially strange since there's a Rider actually called New Den-O, so that's just confusing.

6. SuperOniBlue

SuperOniBlue Mystic Shaman - OniBlue

Cho Den-O was the name they used for the movies like The Onigashima Warship or the Den-O Trilogy Movies

Basically, Cho Den-O is Den-O in Super Climax, if I understand right. (Basically he calls himself Super Den-O or something ahah)

http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Cho_Den-O_Series

7. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Not that this is means anything, but... According to Google Translate, that kanji is Chinese, and it means Ultra. So I guess a possible title translation could be "Ultra Super Hero War".
    ...No?
    Super Duper Hero War?

Well, I tried. Never said I was lingual in Japanese. :p

8. NeonZ

NeonZ Member

There's a scan of a pamphlet with a story summary. It confirms other past Rider and Sentai will be involved, like usual, but...

The story seems tied to Ex-Aid itself, rather than Shocker (or Badam that one time) like usual, so I wonder if it's going to be written by Ex-Aid's writer?

Also, that Chou kanji could also be translated as Ultra or Hyper, but, either way, it's a clunky title.

9. Wing Saber

Wing Saber Member

I wouldn't be surprised, especially when the story sounds like something from a video game. To where the Heroes would try to kill each other just to save the world.

10. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

[video=youtube;w-uMH4B5BYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-uMH4B5BYI[/video]​

Not much to see in this teaser, aside from Shishi Red's suit from an angle we haven't seen before. Interesting that the 'selector' included the likes of HououRanger and Zolda.

11. NeonZ

NeonZ Member

The entire Dairanger team is there aside from Kiba. I hope Ryuki and Zolda being included there means we'll see at least one of them out of suit. I'd really like to see them finally writing some explanation for their post-series appearances. Both have returned to voice their characters in games, but never appearance in these crossovers.

12. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

[video=youtube;uv9gpIFaJ_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv9gpIFaJ_8[/video]​

So apparently Beet Buster and Zolda are alive?

13. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

I don't think Toei really gives a toss about how "canon" these movies are but still: Zolda is alive at the end of Ryuki, because the time reset means that he and the others never died. Kyoryuger Vs Go-Busters implied Beet would be able to return temporarily again if he needed to (& while Toei considers the Vs movies separate from TV canon, they seem to fit with the SHT movies.)

14. raden238

raden238 New Member

The way I see it, since Chou Super Hero Taisen is suppose to take place in another dimension, these are all AR counterparts of the main canon timeline with some exceptions. For Zolda, they could easily just have another version of him just played by the same actor (ex. Faiz, Kaixa). After all the Ryuki tv show and movie were both alternate timelines/world. For the other Riders again, you can just say they are AR counterparts since Decade introduced the multi-verse concept to the franchise.

As for the Sentai Rangers, they basically screwed it up since Sentai always had a linear timeline main time and didn't really stray too far with the muti-verse stuff like Rider does with practically every show and movie.

15. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

^ But since the Taisen movies are in an alternate universe, it wouldn't really make a difference, would it? Wasn't Black Condor even in the Legend War in Gokaiger proper?

16. Wing Saber

Wing Saber Member

Especially when some of the Heisei Riders lost their powers in their series. Ever since after Decade, they disregarded what happened and retconned some of their endings.

17. NeonZ

NeonZ Member

The dimension is just a death match arena in the Game World though. Most likely, the other heroes just like the Kyurangers and Ex-Aid were just taken to that place, but before Ex-Aid. Besides, we've had Ryuki back for a while now, we just don't know why since he has never gotten any real role. We could get some kind of explanation with Zolda here though.

Beet Buster is easy due to the Game World stuff making an easy excuse for his return, if he's really a real character here with dialogue and such which seems likely at this point considering all the focus Ex-Aid's team has in various pictures.

SHTGP was officially in continuity (the Roidmudes killed in the Drive vs Ninninger tie in and in the first scene of GP before time is altered are killed for real). Kamen Rider 1 that took the spring movie slot last year also had tie ins with Ghost.

Regarding Black Condor, Gokaiger itself explained that he was dead but could go to the living world. The movie pamphlet at the time of 199 also mentioned that even dead heroes returned for the great battle.

Anyway, new images for the movie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Amazons Alpha and Omega are appearing in their first crossover! And it seems like Kyoryu Gold and Zyuoh Tiger might be getting some special focus too (they're on the upper corner), and Lazer will be back somehow during the movie, probably due to the Game World stuff.

Also, list of known 5 man teams for this movie from the images and trailer:
    [hide]Ex-Aid
    Zolda
    Den-O (Momotaros)
    Beet Buster
    Aoninger

Den-O (Urataros)
    Diend
    OOO
    Wizard
    Gatack

Decade
    Agito
    Ryuki
    Drive
    Ghost

GokaiRed
    Red Buster
    Kyoryu Red
    Toq#1
    Akaninger

Genm
    Ryugen
    Specter
    Momoranger
    Yellow Owl[/hide]

Momoranger and Yellow Owl are so out of place in Genm's team. Although Ryugen and Specter working for a villain again after all their development also is kind of odd, though I doubt they'll get any focus.

18. DaikaijuSokogeki!

Home Page:
    That's also Amu talking to Hiiro in one of the stills from the movie, so she's definitely playing a bigger role.

I can realistically see all of those people coming back either out of suit or voice only with the exceptions of Yellow Owl and maybe Momoranger.

Sucks that it's just going to be the Imagin transforming into Kamen Rider Den-O, but it's to be expected. Part of me hoped that Sato would have come back for Den-O's 10th anniversary but I know that was a tall order.

But man, this movie is starting to sound too busy. Like Super Hero War Z levels of busy.

19. NeonZ

NeonZ Member

It seems more comparable with Rider Taisen, since it sounds like we'll have multiple heroes from the beginning of the movie. SHTZ tried to focus initially just on Wizard, Gavan and the Go-Busters, adding a few more cast members after a while (Gokai Silver, Sharivan, Kyoryuger) and then throwing a bunch of extra suits to do almost nothing in the final battle.

Here, it seems like from the start we'll have hero vs hero due to the death game set up and then at some point they'll break out and face the actual villains (and resurrected/copy monsters) when we'll probably get a bunch of extra suits thrown into the mix.

20. raden238

raden238 New Member

So Zolda, Beet Buster, Aoininger, Zyuoh Tiger and Den-O Momotaros are all returning for real? It seems like their original actors will be reprising their roles based on the promo pictures. It really is shaping up to be a another generic Taisen Plot of getting the heroes to fight each other, only for them to turn on the villains.