[GAME] Changeling the Lost: A Faerie Tale in New York

Discussion in 'RPG Justice' started by Arieoelle, Oct 3, 2013.

  1. Scotty Rave

    Scotty Rave Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Home Page:
    Bruce watched the figures with interest. He knew a party when he saw one. He could see the motions and hear the music. There was no doubt about it. He immediately reminded himself to be careful. Never trust your eyes in the Hedge. It had a way of toying with your perceptions like a really deep trip. If one of the others could corroborate it, he would at least know it was not just in his own head.

    “’Ere, boys,†the Darkling said, finally turning his eyes from the scene above to the rest of the motley.

     
  2. The_Bladesman

    The_Bladesman Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Refocused on his task Andrew began to scan through the garden from its entrance. As he carefully searched the lush garden from a point of what safety, he couldn’t help but feel a bit surprised by how different the region was compared to the Enthusiast’s. It seemed so open and natural totally unlike the dusty maze he was used to. Unfortunately it hardly seemed like it would be as predictable either, a thought that kept Andrew from entering. Hearing Bruce call he turned to face him.

    “Yes?â€

    [HIDE]7 - 2 - 8 - 5 - 10 - 2
    2 successes[/HIDE]
     
  3. Tigerhawk21

    Tigerhawk21 Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Alex started to extend a hand but thought better of it. With a quick jerk he'd pulled his hand back to his side. "Forgive my rudeness." He requested calmly "I am not from this garden. Though I lived in one much wilder than this..."

    Alex wondered why he'd begun to talk about Gaia's garden. Glancing around, Alex motioned to a suitable area to sit down. Walking over Alex slowly sat down and voiced his reason for intruding. "I am here seeking a lost girl. Have you seen such a one? And do the key's around your choker open or close the way to paths and such things?"

    [HIDE]Alex rolls Presence + Socialize (4 Dice)
    2 - 10 - 3 - 10 > 2 - 10 > 8 = 4 successes
    [/HIDE]
     
  4. Kain

    Kain Lurker

    Likes Received:
    0
    He couldnt quite put his finger on it but there was just something about this area and the things in it that intrigued him. While part of him knew he had to regroup with the others part of him also wanted to look around a bit more. He thought for a moment and shrugged. "Eh I'll look around as I leave, there everyone's happy...I really gotta stop talking to myself." he muttered to himself as he began attempting to retrace his steps while keeping an eye out for anything interesting.

    [HIDE]
    Wits + Investigation (3d10)

    10 - 8 - 1

    8

    Three successes

    [/HIDE]
     
  5. Arieoelle

    Arieoelle Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    “All who wander are lost, but the newest addition to the menagerie is currently the Mistresses favorite toy. You might need help getting her, seek out the Poet†The creature murmured before she sat up nervously and fingered the keys. She looked toward the castle and then to Alex before removing two keys from the choker. “I can only give you one key... the one in my left hand will open the garden gate at will... The one in my right will let you into the castle, choose quickly and wiselyâ€
     
  6. Scotty Rave

    Scotty Rave Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Home Page:
    Bruce was about to explain what he had seen to Andrew, when his eyes fell on Max heading across the garden towards them – or rather, it was what was happening in the middle of them that caught his attention. It was Alex, who seemed to be hunkered down and talking to a large, white bush.

    “Alex!†Bruce called over. “You making friends with the foliage or what?â€
     
  7. Tigerhawk21

    Tigerhawk21 Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Alex glanced around and took the key from her right hand. "I thank you for these gifts. I will seek out the Poet as you recommend." With a nod Alex turned and bounded over to Bruce and Andrew.

    "I see friend is unharmed? That is good." Alex then glanced at Bruce with a rare seriousness in his eyes. "I did make a friend but you could not see her. She gave me two gifts before leaving."

    He held up the small silver key. "This key will let us into the castle. We also should seek the help of The Poet in our quest to find the lost one."
     
  8. Scotty Rave

    Scotty Rave Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Home Page:
    Bruce furrowed his brow. “That’s what I was worried about,” he said, “us seeing things that might not be there.”

    He plucked the key out of the Beast’s reptilian paw and inspected it. “But we can all see this, so…worth a shot, I reckon. Good work.” He handed it back.

    “Speaking of the castle, tell me if any of you lot can see anything up there.” He turned around and pointed up towards where he had seen the dancing figures.
     
  9. Arieoelle

    Arieoelle Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    As the motley looked toward where Bruce was pointing, a golden glow emanated from inside the castle. The event was apparently still in progress. Figures of alien shapes and sizes swirled behind the obscuring wall of frosted glass matched to a lilting, fast paced tune that made one want to throw their arms up and dance. This tune could be heard clearly because all sound in the garden had ceased as if every single thing were holding its breath and waiting. Then both Andrew and Max saw a glimpse of something, little opalescent flecks of color from off to either side.

    Andrew probably had no idea what was causing the light but he suddenly had a feeling like something was watching him... the way a cat watches prey.

    Max meanwhile suddenly had a flashback to what he had seen earlier

    A quick glance toward where the podium was revealed that the statue was gone and he was fairly sure no one could have moved it without the motley noticing... which meant it had moved under its own power

    If the entire motley looked past the part of the castle that revealed the strange gathering. There was a silver door set in the farthest point of the castle wall that matched the key Alex had acquired. That door clearly led to the interior and wasn't very far... but the gate they used to enter the garden was closer, the motley might be able to quickly dash for either of them with some luck.

    (okay so if you bolt, say whether your running for the door or gate then roll your speed. if you want a chance to retaliate while running it will be speed halved & rounded down. if you want to look for a weapon give me a perception check, usual roll please, before you run... if you not running.... that's your choice)
     
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  10. The_Bladesman

    The_Bladesman Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Thinking of the child trapped inside, Andrew decided to enter through the silver door.

    “Pass me the key and I’ll go ahead and secure the silver door!â€

    Readying himself for a moment, his focus darted from side to side as he tried to find something to defend himself.

    [HIDE]7 + 3 + 1 + 8 + 7
    1 success
    [/HIDE]
    Seeing the urgency of the situation he concluded to grab the first thing he could find and concentrate on running off to the door. He sprinted forward toward the door, never before had he ran with such urgency.

    [HIDE]7 + 1 + 2 + 10 + 3 + 2 + 9 + 10 + 8
    7 + 4
    4 successes

    [/HIDE]
     
  11. Tigerhawk21

    Tigerhawk21 Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    “Pass me the key and I’ll go ahead and secure the silver door!â€

    Alex heard Andrew's words and called back "I'm heading to the silver door too!"

    Still gripping the iron dagger with his tail, Alex bounded on all fours towards the shining silver door.

    [HIDE]Speed
    4 + 10 + 6 + 7 + 9 + 8 + 10 + 8 + 8 + 8 > 8 + 8

    9 Successes[/HIDE]
     
  12. Scotty Rave

    Scotty Rave Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Home Page:
    "Plan to tell just us about that or the entire Hedge, mate?" Bruce snorted. He had not seen the disappearance of the strange angel Max had seen, nor the odd, floating lights which had drifted into Andrew's point of view, so the rush of urgency was, though he supposed understandable given their ultimate goal here, very abrupt. He darted after the other two in a bid to catch up with them, if only to warn them to keep their wits about them. He liked rushing in and causing damage, but it was becoming apparent to Bruce that part of him was taking the lead guitar in this band, which meant keeping the rest of them alive. If there was a higher power, Bruce decided it was taking the piss.

     
  13. Arieoelle

    Arieoelle Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    As Alex runs he sees a wooden shovel (+ 1 on attacks, may break) on the ground and slows to pick it up.

    Max stood still as his comrades rushed forward, then he blinked and suddenly his world was filled with flashes of rainbow light, a loud chiming sound echoed while the creature attacked, and pain as the creature was upon him, battering him with wings and claws as sharp as knives.

    The other three who had attempted to reach the door now turned back to see a horrible sight. Max is badly hurt and bleeding, being held by a creature seemingly made of glass that gives off little flecks of rainbow light as the the sun shines upon it, the creature freezes as they lock their gaze on it and the body of the victim slides in an unconscious heap to the ground. Everything else is still, the creature seems unable to move while they watch it but a similar chiming sound can be heard approaching due to the commotion.

     
  14. Tigerhawk21

    Tigerhawk21 Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Blood. Max's blood. Max's unmoving body. Alex unleashes a sound that's a cross between a enraged roar and a primal scream. The shovel drops to the ground with a thud as the silver key flies through the air toward Bruce.

    Red-tinted tunnel vision means Alex is locked onto it. Dashing toward the thing Alex grips the Cold-Iron Dagger tightly and focuses on improving his ability to kill it.

    Kill... Kill... Kill!!!

    [HIDE]Alex attacks Warden:

    3 Strength + 1 Weapon Bonus (Cold Iron Dagger) + 1 point of Willpower (3 extra dice)
    7d10 Roll

    8 + 10 + 8 + 8 + 10 + 4 + 10 > 10 + 10 + 9 > 9 + 8

    11 Successes

    [/HIDE]
     
  15. Scotty Rave

    Scotty Rave Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Home Page:
    Bruce snatched the key out of the air as Alex hurled it towards him. He then turned towards Max’s bleeding carcass, cursed quietly under his breath, and started looking for any means of stemming the flow of blood. “Keep that bloody thing busy!” he yelled to the other two.

     
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  16. The_Bladesman

    The_Bladesman Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Andrew gritted his teeth, It was one of those things from his vision rearing its ugly transparent head. He wanted nothing more than to join Alex and wildly smash to pieces as payback for what’s it’s done but this thing had an obvious weakness and Andrew was determined to exploit it.

    Though it was hard to tell given the nature of his compound eyes, Andrew’s eyes locked on the creature. As Alex attacked he used his foot to feel for the shovel and quickly picked it up. With it in his hands he swung the shovel horizontally. If it could think, if it could feel, Andrew wanted it’s last thoughts to be of fear as it waited helplessly it’s end.

    [HIDE]Attacking the warden:
    Rolling brawl (2) + strength (2) + 1 (dragonic blessing) + 1 (shovel) + 3 (1 point of willpower) (9 dice)
    8 – 10 – 7 - 5 – 5 – 9 – 6 – 10 – 4 => 9 – 2
    5 successes
    [/HIDE]
     
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
  17. Kain

    Kain Lurker

    Likes Received:
    0
    All the things happening at once, the running, the flashback, all the weird ass shimmeriness seemed to make him freeze up momentarily, like old electronics being disrupted by a bunch of signals at once, to the others he just looked like he randomly froze up for no apparent reason. Either way it made him an easy target, which lead to him being on the ground with his face screen displaying the words Technical Difficulties Please Standby complete with a monotonous, somewhat irritating beep.
    [HIDE]
    Roll to regain consciousness
    Stamina + Survival

    2+0

    9 - 10

    9

    Three successes
    [/HIDE]
     
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  18. Arieoelle

    Arieoelle Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    The spectral warden let out a shrill, falcon like scream when Alex attacked it with his animalistic ferocity. Still when it managed to fend the beast off it looked like there was still some fight left in it. that only lasted however until Andrew battered it from behind with his shovel, then it started to scream again as cracks began to spread across its surface until it crumbled into a pile of diamond dust and shards of glass.

    while all this was going on Bruce had been trying to keep Max alive. At first the injuries seemed to be beyond his skills, Then as he looked around for anything that might help his gaze landed on a plant with gold leaves and bright blue berries

    http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2010/11/05/CreeksideFarm/5d0a5e.jpg

    Bruce remembers Ruby kept a cluster of these goblin fruit in the fridge and used the juice of this magical berries to heal cuts, he grabbed a handful of the blue orbs and began working on Max. Bruce managed to stabilize the elemental with his first aid skills well enough for Max to be able to bring himself around.

    The screeching sound of the wardens echoed but were clearly coming closer, the four adventurers took one look at each other and ran into the castle (Bruce is helping Max walk)

    The motley found themselves in a large eastern facing room. Someone once said “Proportion is the heart of beauty.†that person had been talking about this room, to someone standing in the doorway, looking down the length toward the east, the round curvature would seem like a huge sun exploding into innumerable shards of gorgeous color which were channeled down the thousand pillars and scattered across the butter yellow glass of the walls and ceiling. standing in the center a a huge blue glass statue of a beautiful woman with moonflowers in her hair, she had her arms spread wide in welcome and a beguiling look on her face. Breaking up the glowing mass of the walls were several brown doors each identical and all closed.


     
  19. Scotty Rave

    Scotty Rave Member

    Likes Received:
    0
    Home Page:
    Although Bruce knew they were far from out of danger, he allowed himself a sigh of relief. “Well, that was excitin’, wasn’t it?†he asked rhetorically. “Question is, where do we go now?†He glanced around the room. There seemed to be two staircases, one going up and one going down, and eight doors heading off in different directions all around them. They would have to consider their options to go further, but first it would probably be a good idea to check on the patient. “How’re you feelin’, goggle-box?†he asked Max.
     
  20. Kain

    Kain Lurker

    Likes Received:
    0
    Max stayed mostly silent aside from static, the little electronics in his head still not quite back in all of the right places. Instead several images just played across his face, first of Godzilla stepping on a tv, then guy with a tv head looking dazed with birds circling his head, and the for some reason Larry the Cable guy. While it was odd the general message mostly amounted to "Not that great"
     

Share This Page

Hosted By: