Celebrating Super Sentai's 4-0

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by monkeyjb1988, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Photon

Photon Shining~

Wait, who? I didn't recall anyone from Gokaiger's 6 members retiring.....

2. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

Yui Koike retired in 2015. I don't think she ever made a formal announcement, just quit her agency

3. DaikaijuSokogeki!

DaikaijuSokogeki! New Member

Home Page:
    A Timeranger Vs Gaoranger special is also even less likely when you consider that TimeRed's actor, Masaru Nagai, has completely divorced himself from the series.

I'm not exactly sure who's retired from that cast, but I'm going to guess Green and Blue?

4. lazycoconut

Blue and Shine - hadn't heard about Green but he might have by now

5. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

Timeranger was pretty popular with older viewers and I'm sure served as many kids first "dramatic" show. They'd totally be a good crowd to market it towards.

6. DaikaijuSokogeki!

DaikaijuSokogeki! New Member

Home Page:
    http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/08/magiranger-10-years/

Here's a fun coincidence (that could have been written because of this thread?), The Tokusatsu Network just broke down why Magiranger: 10 Years After is unlikely.

-MagiPink (Ayumi Beppu) left her talent agency last year and moved to France.
    -MagiGreen (Yuuki Itou) left his talent agency in 2007.
    -MagiBlue (Asami Kai) is still "in a hiatus".
    -MagiShine (Yousuke Ichikawa) is still retired.

7. Photon

Photon Shining~

It seems she's still active - just not in Japan anymore. Apparently she's in Phillipines now, but I couldn't find anything about her in the website of her supposed current agency as their newest Talent list practically doesn't exist.

If they can't contact her and get her back to Japan for a moment, yeah, I doubt we'll ever going to see untransformed complete team of Gokaiger anymore.

8. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Well I guess the latest news answers one question discussed here. Now the online fandom's big question seems to be whether they will change into more recent Sentai in order to let them sell yet more ranger keys, or past animal Sentai to cover for the lack of appearances from those actual characters?

We're all such damn cynics >_<

9. Jacky392000

Jacky392000 Open Your Amazons!

well, I'll give them credit for bringing back all six Gokaigers. I'll watch those two special episodes and then drop the entire series again because from all the previews I've been seeing since I stopped at 12, it doesn't surprise me that Zyuohger hasn't made any significant progression. :p

10. arnoldmcguire335

arnoldmcguire335 Continuing the Creddie legacy

Home Page:
    I think the only way Gao VS Time can occur is if:
    1. Reboot both series for the new generation, with new actors (Villains still stay with their original actors and VA's), shot in HD, with new CGI work for mechs and attacks. That means they have to redo both series from the ground up, including Gao's movie (And making a new Time movie since that show didn't have any), but the catch is THERE WILL BE NO MORE TIME VS GOGO AND HURRI VS GAO to compensate.
    2. Have Toei convince the actors of Time Red, Gao Yellow and Gao White for this crossover.

The only reason I wish it happened is to give Tatsuya and Yuuri a happier ending than the depressing one they both got at the end of Timeranger. If said crossover happened, expect it to be post-Gaoranger, with an ending similar to it's PR counterpart's ending in part 2 of "Reinforcements from the Future".

I don't remember Yui was in the Philippines, if so, what's the reason for her being there? Either way at least we got the whole Gokai team back for the 2-parter.

11. Photon

Photon Shining~

Yeah, apparently it was just a rumor after all. A strange one too xD
    According to the rumor apparently she's half Filipino. Let's just forget about that rumor.

Anyway, she must be still active in another agency then, if Toei was able to bring her back. It's great to see all 6 shows up together again :D

12. lazycoconut

Itou and Beppu are ostensibly still active, but they have changed agencies since Magiranger, meaning that their current management may not let them resume a role they performed whilst they were under the previous agency. Asami Kai has young children at home so probably shouldn't be expected back any time soon ...

Not necessarily - some of the retired actors who came back for Gokaiger aren't with agencies any more, nor are the actresses of Wendinu and Furabjiou who came out of retirement for the Hurricaneger movie. Still, it's good they could get Koike back

13. Photon

Photon Shining~

Ah yeah......somehow I forgot some of those returning actors and actress back in Gokaiger must have retired already.

14. Gokai Green

Gokai Green Member

Gokai cast shared their thoughts on returning for the landmark 1,999 and 2,000th episode from a TV-Ashai interview that Tokusatsu Network translated:

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/08/ryota-ozawa-yuki-yamada-comment-gokaigers-return/

15. Loghorn

Loghorn Lurker

Not only that, but Gokaiger has been trending on Twitter in popularity with over 30,000 Tweets each; Both Japan & worldwide:

Link.

It's hilarious that Toei has to use a popular sentai team from 5 years ago just to get people to pay attention to the newest sentai series. Zyuohger's the 40th Anniversary, but still...