Cardfight!! Vanguard Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Kaji Motomiya, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

I've noticed that there's a rising amount of people here who play, starting to play, or seem interested in Cardfight!! Vanguard. I thought it's a nice change of pace, and that it'd seem like a good idea to make our own pocket community here. So first, let me start off by giving some good places to start off with:

• Cardfight!! Vanguard English Homepage - Details for shops that sell and play Cardfight!! Vanguard. If you're ever looking for a place that sells Cardfight!! Vanguard, here's your directory.
    • V-Mundi - One of the leading blogs for English CFV. Includes Clan breakdowns, probability, and gaming theory. Come visit us in the forums and chat (though I recommend you get yourself your own chat client). My trades can be found here.
    • Vanguard Rider - One of the many CFV communities out there. Not as dumb as Pojo. My trades can be found here.
    • Cardfight Wiki - A helpful sack of information. Don't be stupid like the people in this wiki, though.

Welp, hope to get this game running here in HJU.

2. ArcAce

ArcAce Ready! Fire!!

What I want to make out of a deck would be those Oracle Think Tank cards. They seem to have a really good draw power and able to look at your top deck and choose whether to put it on top or bottom. The Royal Paladin is just a starter for me til I can get OTT done. Though it might take a while to make since alot of the cards are rather expensive.

3. Hell Kaiser Andy

Hell Kaiser Andy Aronbafon

They are getting an Extra Booster soon (It's coming out in November for Japan) so early 2013 we'll probably have it.

4. xSHiNOx

xSHiNOx Budou though

i want to make that complete Bermuda Triangle clan deck but since i'm quitting my crappy job soon, i won't have the funds to get the deck. oh well. next year

5. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

ArcAce: I haven't seen a card go over $20, so it's not THAT bad. Expensive would be $40 for a piece of cardboard. THAT'S expensive.
    Shino: Just get 2 or 3 EB02s when they release this...what, November I think? Get most of what you need in one shot. Plus, they're cheaper than regular booster boxes by about a little bit above half the price.
    HenshiN: That would be BT05, a Clan EB dedicated to OTTs. Most of the OTT cards are getting reprinted, INCLUDING the Perfect Guard Chocolat (PGs are a staple in every deck and must at least run 4 of). I actually have an Amaterasu and a Chocolat, but I'm trading the latter.

6. xSHiNOx

xSHiNOx Budou though

EB02? Extra Booster: Banquet of Divas? buy 2 or 3 of the booster boxes?

7. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

Yup. If you wanna build a specific clan, and there's a Clan-specific extra booster, you buy 2 or 3 of the box. Extra Boosters are only 15 packs, half of what a normal Booster set holds, for about half to half and $5+ of a cheap Booster box. Chances are, when you buy at least 2 boxes, if not 3, you'll get most of what you need. It's clan specific, so it shouldn't be hard.

Booster Boxes have about 3 RRR, 5 RR a box. SP if you're lucky. Extra Booster boxes have about 1 RRR, 2 RR a box.

If you're itching to build Bermuda Triangle, VMundi did a clan-dissection of it.

8. faceofbear

faceofbear Member

See now this game I would love to get into but it's such an expensive hobby. Was debating on just buying a box and seeing what I could pull. Which is the least used "clan". I love using complicated or rarely seen decks and stratagems in my card battling games.

9. ArcAce

ArcAce Ready! Fire!!

Yeah. Playsets of Silent Tom, Battle Sister, Chocolat, Goddess of the Half and Full Moon, Tsukuyomi, and CEO Amaterasu. Getting playset singles of them is a pain to get. ebay prices Half and Full Moon Tsukuyomi at 22, which is rather high.

10. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

Just break the mold. Don't play Gold Paladins. Too many people are playing Gold Paladins because it's a main character hype right now.

11. faceofbear

faceofbear Member

Why would anyone play Gold Paladins when Nova Grappler is obviously the master race. Such nice card designs. Is it hard to assemble a viable deck of them in the English version?

12. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

NOT necessarily. The Starter Deck hasn't yet been released in English, so you need to build it from packs.

Also, I THINK this is a Nova Grappler. It's hilarious!

[​IMG]

It looks like something from Ultraman...

13. ArcAce

ArcAce Ready! Fire!!

Well, the results for the Dallas WCQ says otherwise. 6 Gold Paladins, OTT, and a mixed deck of Kagero and Spike Brothers.

14. faceofbear

faceofbear Member

Yeah but Nova Grapplers have this:

[​IMG]

And I love me some TTGL. Lol. Like I said I like playing sub-optimal deck types because otherwise I will just get bored and fall asleep. I play how I want to play not how "the best" tend to play.

15. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

[​IMG]

Source

Release date: 08/12/12

Clans included:
    Murakumo
    Aqua Force
    Oracle Think Tank
    Nova Grappler
    Angel Feathers
    Great Nature
    Gold Paladin
    Narukami
    Pale Moon
    and apparently OTHERs.

-----

The fuck is this shit, Bushiroad? Seriously? More fucking Great Nature? Great Nature had support from its main release, BT07, and onward to BT08. Seriously, fucking STOP. Give Aqua Force some breathing room, not overshadow it with a clan no one's gonna fucking use.

16. faceofbear

faceofbear Member

Is that the English edition?

17. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

No. That's BT09. We get BT07 near the end of September (22nd if you live in Singapore), catch up with EB02 and BT04, then we catch up with BT08 next year, probably catch up with EB04&5, EB01, or BT05. We won't get BT09 until say next summer or so, if not mid spring.

But that's just an assumption.

18. shingamyeonblack

shingamyeonblack Back in Black

I think that it's the witch from Tiga, but I may be confusing it with something else.

19. Kaji Motomiya

Kaji Motomiya PARTY HARD

[​IMG]

The G3. Still looks like something from Ultraman.

BTW, it's called "Galaxy Super Beast, Zeal".

20. Hell Kaiser Andy

Hell Kaiser Andy Aronbafon

The Galaxy Beast are Dimension Police. They're based on Gundam/Super Robots and Tokusatsu (Mainly Ultraman)