Batman/Superman Movie Next?

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Momotaros, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Bigdog

Bigdog Member

I find the film to have horrible plot holes that were more from lazy writing than anything else. Overall, I cannot understand how people can downright hate or blindly praise it. Its like the Star Wars prequels, which I had not much of a problem either, save for the Anakin killing kids plot hole. Then again , I hated Superman before Man of Steel because he wasn't a hero I could relate to or aspire.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

We already know the delay but guess who's playing Lex Luthor? Oh, and we have Jeremy Irons as Alfred.

3. MMPR

MMPR Read my smart post

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor...he's a great actor, but WTF DC?

Not to sound like a Marvel fanboy...but Disney is getting actors like Robert Redford, Ben Kingsley and Anthony Hopkins. And the best DC can come up with is Jesse Eisenberg?

4. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

I wonder if DC or WB would shave Jesse's head to fit the Lex Luthor persona.

5. chronoxiong

chronoxiong Digital Artist

Dont know who Eisenberg is. Lol...Lex Luthor in my mind continues to be Michael Rosenbaum. He was that damn good as Lex.

6. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

Jesse Eisenberg is known for his role as Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network and Tallahassee in Zombieland. DC/WB could have cast Bryan Cranston as Luthor, not that 30-year-old Jesse.

7. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Skreeong!

I'm kinda glad Bryan Cranston wasn't cast, he would have been playing Walter White again, and he seems to be the kind of actor who likes to try different roles.

As for Jessie Eisenberg, not my first choice but interested to see how this plays out.

8. Bigdog

Bigdog Member

Tallahassee was Woody Harrelson and Eisenberg was Columbus.

They are likely trying to replicate the Smallville dynamic between Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum....which makes sense. What they should have done was to have brought back the cast from Smallville for Man of Steel proper, but MoS worked well on its own.

I like the choice of Cranston for Godzilla as while watching Breaking Bad on DVD to catch up due to a recommendation from my sister and her former friend, with the family. Seeing Cranston in Godzilla fits well as a glove on the hand as I seen him as a plausible Dr. Yamane kind of figure. And as much as I loved Breaking Bad, him being an antiheroic/villainous character again would be repetitive.
    the
    Just shave Eisenberg bald and have him do a similar character like in "The Social Network" mixed with the depiction of Armie Hammer and Obadiah Stane on the Iron Man films.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  9. FieryRed

FieryRed Minato Ascending

Jesse Eisenberg may be a talented young actor, but I feel that this is a clear case of a miscast.

10. Shougo B'Stard

Shougo B'Stard Would like to change his avatar

Home Page:
    Please -- DC invented the whole "get a respected and critically adored actor in order to have your movie-based-on-the-funny-papers taken seriously" thing. Marlon Brando? Gene Hackman? Jack Nicholson?

They still attempt it, but go for actors who are not only critically acclaimed, but "trendy" -- people like Christian Bale, Peter Sarsgaard, Amy Adams and Michael Shannon.

That said, they needed someone wayyyyyyyyy more impressive -- and older -- than Eisenberg as Luthor. It's like Zack Snyder, that genius, heard that people wanted Heisenberg in the role, and thought they meant the kid from Adventureland.

11. MMPR

MMPR Read my smart post

DC did that back in the day and Christopher Nolan did it for the Dark Knight trilogy but I found they've been lacking in the recent movies. IMO, Marvel and Kevin Feige are still putting more money and passion into their casting

12. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

13. chronoxiong

chronoxiong Digital Artist

Ben Affleck looks jacked up as Batman. More jacked up compared to when he wore the Daredevil suit. Lol...

14. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

You can now change the title of this thread. It's now called "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice"

15. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

Why not pick Adrien Brody instead of Loki as Joker?

16. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Gal Gadot in her Wonder Woman costume revealed:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  17. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

18. MMPR

MMPR Read my smart post

All the haters have shut up. She's obviously looks like a badass Wonder Woman

19. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

20. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

If only. Now they are complaining that the costume looks too brown or that it makes her look too much like Xena.

As for the videos, I was already sick and tired for Dark Knight Returns with all the things that Dark Knight Rises copied from it. I'm not liking how much this movie seems to be going down the same path.