Batman/Superman Movie Next?

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Momotaros, Jul 20, 2013.

1. urugoji

urugoji New Member

You know, in Batman Begins, nobody ever said, "Hey, this is supposed to be Bruce Wayne's first time as Batman. Why doesn't he suck? He should suck since it's his first time!"

So I don't see why Superman being lousy at being super gets a pass. Yeah, maybe they can have him not be as up to it earlier in the movie, but once you get to the final battle of the origin story, he needs to come full circle and truly BE Superman. So to me, that argument holds no water.

2. Sage Shinigami

Sage Shinigami Member

We have a fundamental disagreement, here. You're saying this is the only way it could've happened from within the framework of the existing story. I'm saying the story shouldn't have been written that way in the first place. See the difference? I understand your point, though.

Technically, Bruce DID suck. He sucked at the start of Begins, and THEN he was taken in by Ra's and the League and by the time he went back to Gotham he was Batman in all but name and costume. The knowledge, tactical skills and abilities he had already. Having Clark basically hide his powers all his life means they have carte blanche to have him fuck up during the fights, which is why people are complaining in the first place.

3. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

Hell, Batman technically got his ass handed to him during his first encounter with Scarecrow.

4. MMPR

MMPR Read my smart post

This is exactly why I don't like DC's approach. Superman's #1 priority has always been saving people and he doesn't do that in "Man of Steel", he should have made every attempt to take the fight somewhere else. Marvel does their movies correctly. DC is just dick riding what Christopher Nolan did

Richard Donner told a Superman story about optimism and hope

5. urugoji

urugoji New Member

That's my point. In Batman Begins, he comes full circle and gets to BE Batman for the last act and be awesome at it. By some people's logic, Man of Steel is purely build up to a "true" Superman that we never get to see.

6. ShademanDS

ShademanDS Anti-Anti

1. He had a fight against Superbeings in Smallville and they destroyed a lot, He should've known from there that this is not a battle to be having in a city filled with humans that can be ripped like paper to them

2. One knows how to control his powers and one just got them even if he is a tactician he barely knows what he's doing Clark could've moved the battle in anyway he wanted.

7. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

Not to rub salt on your wound. From Comic Con.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L8q7dY2MnU[/ame]

It's gonna happen. They're gonna duke it out one way or another.

8. MattComix

MattComix Super Moderator

Well, then I guess the best I can hope for is a sort of buddy cop type thing or something along the lines of the animated Worlds Finest. Otherwise...Wrestlemania for geeks. :disappoin

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  9. ShademanDS

ShademanDS Anti-Anti

But Wrestling is for geeks already. I'm fine with them having a little kerfuffle at first but then working together, I just hope it's not against Lex, we really don't need another film with Lex as the Badguy

10. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

They're going to fight, there is no way around it.

Normally, the first round always goes to Superman, but since Batman right now more popular and he is technically the "guest" character, I wouldn't be surprise if he "wins" their first fight.

By the end of the movie they will work together, Superman will consider them as friends and Batman will be tsundere about it.

11. MrSteve

MrSteve Member

No he doesn't. He doesn't even get to BE Batman and be awesome at it by the third film in his franchise.

Clark became Superman way more and better than Bruce became Batman in Begins.

Good thing the battle, until the VERY END, took place in the part of the city with zero humans. Only after being knocked from space by Zod (where Clark could not at all control where they landed) did they land somewhere with people.

Saying "Clark could've moved the battle" is really easy to say but that doesn't make it a fact. I'd really like to know about your reasoning here.

Zod didn't "barely" know what he was doing, he caught on VERY well VERY fast due to being a warrior. Clark having the powers his entire life doesn't matter as much when you realize that less than one month ago, due to the lack of USING the powers, he was barely able to lift an oil rig and wasn't flying at all.

The only thing Superman has on Zod in the fight is pure strength and a higher level of invulnerability due to being such a solar battery. Feeling less pain and being able to throw a stronger punch /=/ mean he can "move the battle anyway he wanted."

I really feel like you all expect too much of Superman. Which is the entire point of the character. EVERYONE looks at him as this ideal and this legend and put him on a pedestal, EVERY single hero looks up to him. Superman tries to live up to this ideal, but as CLOSE as he is to the ideal, he's not perfect. As I said before, one of the most important parts of Superman is the "MAN." He makes mistakes, he learns, he grows, he isn't an omnipotent being that makes the best decision the first time every time. Certainly not the first time he ever tries to help the planet.

Don't get me wrong, if Superman just destroys a bunch of property and doesn't have better plans and ideas for fighting a villain in future films then I'll agree with you. But I really feel like most of the people complaining about how Superman acts is basing their judgement by comparing him to the Superman who has been doing it for years and years. That's just not a fair comparison.

12. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

The thing I have learned is this... The people that absolutely loved the man of steel are going to be die hard apologists for it. They are not going to really look at any flaws or see things that could have been done a bit differently. Myself I didn't care for it, but I can still see things in it that were done right.

13. MattComix

MattComix Super Moderator

I would like to think that I am not being an apologist. I am in no ways saying this was a perfect film or a perfect Superman film. I just ended up liking more than I didn't which is so not what I thought was going to happen when I walked into the theater. But maybe since I spent months dreading it with only a touch of cautious optimism brought on by the second and third trailers there was nowhere to go but up from what I was expecting.

14. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

You are not no. You liked the movie, but you know what it did right and wrong and are not all "IT WAS PERFECT".

15. Sage Shinigami

Sage Shinigami Member

....Uhm. What.

Actually Matt you're the first person I've seen who wasn't an apologist about the film. Most people that like it have a list of excuses a mile long for any problems one might have with the movie. Worse yet, a lot of people get pretty insulting about it if you don't like it, becoming seemingly incapable of discussing the film with someone who maybe didn't love it without inserting a ton of logical fallacies into their arguments. Thank you for not being one of those people.

(Steve's not bad either, he certainly hasn't hurled any insults.)

16. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

According to Variety, Gal Gadot (Gisele from the Fast and Furious franchise) has been cast to play Wonder Woman in the sequel to Man of Steel.

Source

17. MMPR

MMPR Read my smart post

I'm happy with the casting, all she needs to do it put on some muscle and we've got an awesome Wonder Woman

18. big_j_ny

big_j_ny Just an Internet User Passing Thru

Home Page:
    They're gonna put Wonder Woman in the movie too now?

19. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Skreeong!

Rumor has it Nightwing as well.

20. chronoxiong

chronoxiong Digital Artist

The more I keep hearing about all these DC characters appearing in this film, the more I am not liking it. These characters need to be developed and not just give us some glorified cameo appearance. I don't want to get excited for nothing. The casting of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman sounds cool though. She is an exotic looking woman. Just needs to beef up a little bit so she can look legit as Wonder Woman.