Batman/Superman Movie Next?

Discussion in 'The Power Chamber' started by Momotaros, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Momotaros

Momotaros Lurker

2. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

Oh, hmm. Well one question, Bale said he's done playing the Bat correct?

3. Momotaros

Momotaros Lurker

It would be a new Batman.

4. KingRanger

KingRanger Banned

I don't even care. Man of Steel was such a depressing let down of a movie.

5. Kivat

Well that's fine. I would have thought B&S's first encounter would be in the Justice League film. Just the two of them never crossed my mind. I feel like having the whole team would just make more sense.

Also if Bats and Supes go into the League movie knowing each other, everyone else will sort of fall into a supporting role in a sense in the Bat and Supe show, possibly?

Idk, I'm just thinking out loud. I'm welcome to the idea, I just can't think of how they'll do it.

6. Ben3000

Ben3000 Member

Well it's been confirmed at the Warner Bros panel today. From the multiple press releases it seems like the conflict will be similar to The Dark Knight Returns. Zack said it's not a flat out adaptation but it will help them tell the story. So I'm guessing things might not go so well for Superman maybe?

I was hoping they would confirm The Flash movie or at least a Wonder Woman or Aquaman movie but I guess we may have to wait until next year or possibly NYCC.

7. Kivat

I don't believe Aquaman to be strong enough story-wise or popularity-wise to have a stand-alone film.

But you never know. Ironman was off the world map with the general public until his first film came out, along with the revitalization help of RDJ.

8. big_j_ny

big_j_ny Just an Internet User Passing Thru

Home Page:
    Is this how you approached watching the Justice League cartoon for the first time, sir?

9. StaticShin27

StaticShin27 Brave Sound~

If you can pull off Thor, they can do Aquaman. Sure he's generally the butt of all jokes but in truth you havea lot to work with when you have the entire Ocean out there with the Atlantean mythos and what not.

Now regarding the whole World's Finest duo, I feel like it's something to test the waters and buy some time while the Justice League project keeps getting stuck in development :laugh:

This says they're supposed to announce a Flash movie for 2016 but who knows when that'll be.

10. CZor

CZor Member

I saw that this movie is supposed to be Man of Steel 2?...if so then I fear that this new Batman will suffer from support-role syndrome. After all we also need to get used to seeing someone else in the Batman suit after seeing Bale in it for years.

I wish they would done a Wonder Woman movie, it could been in the same vein as Thor since you have the whole god/myth stuff. If the Flash is indeed confirmed I'm curious how they are going to work with the whole super speed thing.....unless they use Zoom/Reverse Flash since he could easily defeat The Rogues.

11. Kivat

No. :disappoin

12. Ben3000

Ben3000 Member

Well that's the way Brian Azzarello is treating Wonder Woman right now in his run. So I'm hoping if they do have a Wonder Woman movie they just adapt his first arc. For the Flash with his rogues if they went the New 52 way. You know powering them up a bit and giving them a better motivation they yeah The Rogues could work. I mean all Captain Cold has to do is surround the area in ice so Flash won't be able to have any sort of friction when he tries to run after him.

13. MMPR

MMPR Read my smart post

Isn't DC tired of doing Superman and Batman movies? This seems stupid, they should focus on the other DC properties

14. Ben3000

Ben3000 Member

I'm guess these are the heroes that sell. If I remember correctly that's why DC Animation stopped doing other DC Superhero short films because they weren't selling enough like Batman and Superman were.

Honestly who wouldn't want to go see a Wonder Woman movie in 2013? I guess Marvel needs to be the ones to break that barrier with a Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers) movie then.

15. chronoxiong

chronoxiong Digital Artist

Is this real life? I wonder what storyline will they use. I wonder who will play Batman after we got used to seeing Christian Bale under the hood. So many questions. I am intrigued with this news. Hope a JLA movie happens in the future for sure.

16. Sage Shinigami

Sage Shinigami Member

The last Superman film was in 2006. The one before that was in like, the 90's. Man of Steel was decent enough to make them a profit--of course they're going to run with it. And there's never been a live-action film to feature Superman and Batman. Supposedly the theatre just erupted with excitement when they announced it, because it's something fans have been begging for for years.

People would fall asleep. Or at least, I would. Brian Azzarello's WW is a critical darling, and it'd be great if it followed a long, storied history of WW like pre-New 52 had. But as a reintroduction of Wonder Woman, it says awful things about her since the first arc isn't even about her. So you're saying (to me, at least) that she's so boring when you thought: What's the best way to reintroduce this character, you'd focus on everyone but her. I....don't know about this.

Well, couple things:

- Geoff Johns has done an excellent job of increasing Aquaman's popularity and making people take him seriously in the comics. For a couple months he actually outsold every single Marvel Comic book on the stands. Aquaman. That means he outsold the Avengers, the X-Men, and Spider-Man. Aquaman did that.

- Injustice has gone a long way towards putting the guy in the public eye. He's basically just a walking bad-ass and one of the cheapest characters in the game, and hundreds of thousands of people bought that title.

Lastly: Aquaman is rife with potential. He's not strong enough storywise? He's literally the King Arthur story (an unsuspecting nobody becomes ruler over a kingdom), just underwater. He's got distinctive villains with kick-ass designs, and probably the coolest wife in comic books. He not only has a ton of potential for film, but as a video game, if someone could properly develop an open-world game set in a beautiful underwater kingdom, there's no way it wouldn't sell a metric crapton.

To be honest, I think the main reason they haven't taken advantage of it already is that Warner Bros. wastes their potential.

17. Momotaros

Momotaros Lurker

18. Galaxian

Galaxian Lurker

I agree. Aquaman is a badass. To paraphrase the Injustice comic...

"[He] is not some pathetic self-appointed leader of an insignificant country who can be bullied into submission. Every port. Every ship. Everything that flies over the ocean does so with [his] blessing. [Their] world would grind into a halt if [he] wills it... [Their] entire world is inside [his]."

19. Momotaros

Momotaros Lurker

The current plan is MOS 2:Featuring Batman,The Flash 2016,and then the Justice League in 2017..

http://www.newsarama.com/18444-repo...-for-warners-then-fladssh-justice-league.html

20. Kivat

None of the Atlantian mythos, and underwater empire ruling even crossed my mind...I was thinking too simply, my bad.

From what I've seen in Young Justice as well, his world was made to be super awesome. So yes, if the right story is chosen, everything else should fall into place.