Any good Toku podcasts out there?

Discussion in 'Henshin Justice Unlimited' started by SquidKing, Oct 15, 2015.

1. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

HJU was pretty cool, but it's surely dead at this point. The Toku Network podcast sucks. Igadevil only updates once a year.

Are there any good, consistent podcasts? Especially if they don't have their heads up their asses (like the MAHQ guys) or sit into overuse of in-jokes and references (like EVERY podcast seems to do).

2. Byg4299

Byg4299 Member

I frequently listen to Radio Sentai Castranger, though given what you said at the end i'm not sure if you'll enjoy them

3. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

Thank you, I'll try them out.

4. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

Nicely produced intro, and fun banter. I'm going to listen to a few. Thank you again.

5. Byg4299

Byg4299 Member

Your welcome

6. LaZerwolfX

LaZerwolfX Henshin a Go-Go!!

While it's only a sentai podcast, super sentai bros. has been super fun for me to watch, they just started their episode by episode analysis of Jetman a couple of weeks ago and its been pretty good thus far

7. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

I don't generally watch Sentai. Booooo. But thank you.

8. LaZerwolfX

LaZerwolfX Henshin a Go-Go!!

No harm done. Although next time I'd suggest that you specify what kinda stuff you're looking for.

9. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

I like UnKamen Cast which does a weekly/fortnightly discussion of the current Kamen Rider show as well as some older stuff and general thoughts on the franchise

10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

There's a group of guys called The Fanholes that do podcasts. They have a Toku Thursdays and an occasional Sentai Saturdays. I was on one of their podcasts to talk about Zyuranger several month's ago and I'm going to do one after I review Shout!'s DVD set of Dairanger. They also do Mobile Suit Mondays among other things.

Here is the link to their site: http://fanholespodcast.blogspot.com/

11. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

I would love to start a podcast or vlog centered around Tokusatsu. Problem is, I only have one idea, and it's about keeping people updated on where to get fansubs and officials subs as well as making recommendations for the better fansub teams out there. But we've reached a point where the emergence of new fansub groups has slowed to a stop. There's really not much left to talk about right now other than to catch people up of what's all ready out there.

And besides, I think that one subject is just a bit too narrow. I am sure people would want more out of a tokusatsu podcast/vlog, but I wouldn't know where to be begin...
    Reviews?
    Tokusatsu news?
    Toy news?
    I'd hate to just read off JEFusion articles and give my thoughts, but would there even be an audience for that?

Maybe I need a team to help me out...

12. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

What kind of help?

13. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Depends on how big I and/or others want me to go with the project.

For starters, I'd need some basics. Like an editor. I can do some audio edits, but I am amateur at best. And if we're doing vlogs? Forget it! I have practically zero experience. I only took one video editing class in college, and the class was using Macs. I'm a Windows user by default. Might also need someone's help to promote. I can make social media pages, but I'm only one guy with a pretty busy/full schedule. I can't manage everything on my own. Heck, just having someone to a make sure the podcast/vlog scripts are okay and not accidentally offensive in any way would be super helpful.

And of course there are other things that could be of help. Maybe someone who would be willing to draw or make title cards, for example. I mean, I guess I could just go full amateur and do everything myself. Maybe even buy a better microphone on my own time and just post everything on YouTube. However, I'd like what I'm doing to be professional in SOME way. The more polished the product, the more of an audience you'll attract.

14. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

I was a radio DJ in the past, so I can offer some general advice and technical support, though I'm not especially interested in speaking. If you do start this project, please considering my help as a consultant, wishing you success. Also, I think a fansub-centric show is a good idea.

Oh, and I might actually be willing to do all of the audio and/or video editing, time willing (I have a baby due in 4 months though, so might be tenuous).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  15. SquidKing

SquidKing Member

I am genuinely enjoying their cast after listening to all available iTunes episodes. Thank you very much for the recommendation.

16. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member