2018-2019 Kamen Rider

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Toku Prime, May 7, 2018.

1. raden238

raden238 Member

I'm one of the few people, that actually likes Decade Complete but Grand Zi-O is freakin' fugly. We went from card armor to little statues of the Heisei Riders as armor!

2. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

It's quite a big news day for Zi-O and it's spin-offs!

About a week ago there was a rumour on twitter that Diend was appearing (out of suit) in episode 30. I didn't post about it at the time because there was nothing to back it up, but the show's official twitter account has now announced that he is indeed returning, and with his own recolored Driver too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next up, more information about the Ryuki spin-off. In addition to Ryuki, Kamen Riders Knight, Ouja, Gai, Raia, and the second Zolda will all be returning, while it looks like new characters may take up the mantle of the other Riders from the show.

It's interesting that the first image below includes Kamen Rider Abyss (last suit on the right side). Abyss was not in the original series but was created for the World of Ryuki in Kamen Rider Decade, and it had long been rumoured that his suit had been broken up to be used for spare parts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finally, Shinobi will not be the only new Rider in his spin-off. It seems he has a rival by the name of Kamen Rider Hattari. Hattari's suit seems to be mostly constructed of modified/recolored pieces from the Dark Drive design.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    ooo5 likes this.
  3. ooo5

ooo5 Member

I thought that's what happened to Femme's suit since they have Abyss taking her spot with the other Ryuki Riders.

(Which would suck if true because Femme is actually one of my favorite Rider designs).

4. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The next future Rider will be Kamen Rider Ginga! Made with pieces of Kamen Rider Meteor and Kamen Rider Fourze Meteor States, with a helmet adapted from one of the Mages from Wizard. Premium Bandai has updated their Future Driver set to include his transformation item along with those of the other future Riders.

ooo5 likes this.
  5. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

I like how alien Ginga's head is. The rest of the suit is a little too "planetarium". Maybe if it was more subtle and the entire suit looked like some kind of Gray alien, it might have worked better.

6. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

Do you get the vibe he'll start using Black Hole Bomb???

7. FreedomR8G6B1

FreedomR8G6B1 Member

Welcome Back...Blue Judas

8. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Hot on the heels of Diend, it's been announced that episodes 31 and 32 will feature the return of Kamen Rider Agito!

[​IMG]
    Not only will Toshiki Kashu reprise his role as Shouichi, but Rina Akiyama will return to play Mana, and Akiyoshi Shibata will once again play Takahiro (G3 Mild / the junior member of the G3 Unit).

The summaries indicate that Shouichi has been in France studying cooking, but returns to Japan when he hears that the Tokyo PD has been attacked by Another Agito (which, for clarity, is the Another Rider version of Agito and not the character from the show who nowadays is generally officially called "Kamen Rider Another Agito").

[​IMG]

ooo5 likes this.
  9. raden238

raden238 Member

Wow Agito is another one we can check off the list. So counting all Zi-O related content the only remaning series that has yet to see at least one cast member reprise their roles are Kuuga, Hibiki, Kabuto, Kiva, W, and Drive.

I'm wondering if Another Agito is going to be special given the fact that there already exists a Rider with that name. Yes its not completely true but it would nice if Toei put a twist on the MOTW because of it.

ooo5 likes this.
  10. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Finally Rina Akiyama returns to play Mana again instead of the annoying Naomi from Den-O. I never got why she couldn't have played both characters in Decade; she could've also reprised Mana in the SHT movies, assuming she appeared in the first two.

11. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

[​IMG]
    Episodes 33 and 34 (April 28th and May 5th) will be based around Kamen Rider Hibiki, but the character himself will not appear. Instead Yuichi Nakamura (perhaps now better known as Kamen Rider Zeronos from Den-O) will once again play Hibiki's apprentice Kyosuke Kiriya, and Shingo Kawaguchi will return as Todoroki.

raden238 likes this.
  12. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

Well, it's a shame we won't see the return of Shigeki Hosokawa or Rakuto Tochihara, but I guess this will be picking up where the Hibiki TV show's story left off. I wonder what those two actors are doing these days...

ooo5 likes this.
  13. Kamen Rider IXA

Kamen Rider IXA Lurker

I think Asumu's actor is retired now.
    Hibiki's actor doing games, so him not appearing is likely Shirakura-related thing. I wouldn't want to work with the guy who ruined my show either.

Hangyakuno, SamuraiEchidna and ooo5 like this.
  14. Hangyakuno

Hangyakuno Lurker

Kiriya here as Hibiki, is like mockering them even further. But if they somehow can get Rakuto plays Asumu once again, actually they can make redemption with Asumu win this rivalry to get Hibiki's title.

15. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

I'd prefer to see Hibiki's original actor, Hosokawa, make a return. I know he'll probably never return since he took the changing of the show's direction personally and probably still holds a grudge. I just want to see some thicc Rider daddy action again. :D

16. Shougo B'Stard

Shougo B'Stard Would like to change his avatar

Home Page:
    I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but there was also some controversy a short time ago about Hosokawa being let go by his agency for basically being a demanding, harassing diva.

And while some actors will come out of retirement to appear in a new crossover or whatever, usually they've been away from showbiz for a while -- Tochihara only retired last year, I think, so I didn't expect him to show up in Zi-o.

Kiriya was obnoxious, and his becoming Hibiki's apprentice went against everything the show was supposed to be about, but Zi-o has a chance at redeeming the character. Show how he's grown, show how he's become more Zen like Hibiki. Just a line where he compliments or acknowledges Asumu would be good enough, IMO.

17. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

Well, at least they went another way with it-

Kiriya wasn't Hibiki, but was claiming to be the entire episode. It was kind of weird that no one ever said what he was actually called, either, because I'm pretty sure he has a name, even if it was never in the show itself. They just called him "Some other Oni." Still haven't seen any sign of the actual Hibiki armor yet.

18. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

With the conclusion of the Hibiki two-parter it's time to move onto the next. It's time for the overlord to encounter the King of the Vampires!

[​IMG]
    There's no sign of Wataru himself, but we will see the return of Kenji Matsuda as Jiro/Garuru and Yu Takahashi as Yuri Aso. The episodes are also being written by Kiva's head writer, the infamous Toshiki Inoue.

Also debuting in this two-parter will be the future Rider Kamen Rider Ginga, who will seemingly not appear out of suit. However, he is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita, who voiced Kivat the Third in Kamen Rider Kiva.

Also worth mentioning is that Another Kiva's true identity is a woman being played by Yumiko Shaku, who was previously the love interest in Kamen Rider G. The director of that short, Naoki Tamura, will also be directing these episodes.

19. Kamen Rider IXA

Kamen Rider IXA Lurker

I suspected the Wataru wasn't happening, but I would have liked them to at least try bringing Nago and Otoya back (remember that Dark Kiva Otoya from Decade? Always seemed like a wasted opportunity for a villian to me. Takeda was perfect in that).
    Btw, right now Koji Seto is the only main Heisei Rider whose stance on his Rider past I don't know. Did he say anything recently? Or after Decade in general.

20. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

So episode 36 has now aired in Japan, which means it's once again time for the big reveal of who is coming back for episodes 37 and 38. It seems a number of meteorites crash down in the city and Worms begin to emerge from the craters. Yup, it's a Kabuto tribute, but the man himself isn't appearing. Instead we're getting Gattack and the Hell Brothers (a.k.a. KickHopper and PunchHopper).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]