2018-2019 Kamen Rider

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Toku Prime, May 7, 2018.

1. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

I've got to say, I really hope this one is as good as the last two (finally managed to get through Ex-Aid & planning to finish Build tonight. If it has a good finale, I think Build is going to beat out Gaim & Ryuki as my favorite Rider series). Haven't really watched much of Zi-O, yet, though. Only about half of the first episode.

2. Hangyakuno

Hangyakuno Lurker

I see you like series with bittersweet ending. Build share it too, and I hope Zi-O will did it too. There is so much seed of time paradox happening now, there is must be something to be sacrificed. We still didn't see Shougo cry or in a
    agony until now, maybe need another ten episode when he finally meet his long future self (Maou one, not whacky himself).
    Come to think of it, good series from this phase 2 heisei (or whatever you call it), all have bittersweet ending. Some consistently show about how people struggling to face it, share some loneliness after what happened, and some just trample over it like nothing happened (like Philip did).

3. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

I'm a little disappointed that the Zi-O Decade Armour just looks to become kitbash suits featuring the past Rider's midseason form suit with new helmet, torso plate and shoulder pads. Does it even need to be said that the helmets with the flat card face are fugly?

I suppose it's a double-edged sword - It looks so bad because the focus was probably on Zi-O's real mid-season upgrade, "Zi-O II", but that also means it will likely be swept under the table as soon as "Zi-O II" debuts.

[​IMG]
    A better look at the new DecaDriver reveals that in addition to the new colour scheme they have updated it to display the symbols for the other 18 Heisei seasons (it doesn't include Decade's own logo nor Zi-O's). And you can clearly see he has a Build card in hand.

Considering that the first Movie War showed Decade using the W Final Attack Ride card, it remains to be seen if there's any new on-screen functionality to this upgrade or if it's purely "buy the repainted toy with extra added sounds".

ooo5 likes this.
  4. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

I don't. They look so awkward and hideous. But still, it's not as garish-looking as those Decade-based upgrades.

At this point Zi-O and Geiz' base forms are looking the best of the lot.

ooo5 likes this.
  5. Kamen Rider Kaixa

Kamen Rider Kaixa New Member

I agree, none of the armor power up forms do anything for me.

It might be great with kids, but for us older fans, it's a weak implementation.

Sadly I also have to agree that the base forms are the best.

6. Hangyakuno

Hangyakuno Lurker

What about Geiz - Wizard Armor?
    They throw up full armor style and come up with magically donned armor. The problem with Legend Armor like Gaim or Fourze is their pointless add on shoulder for make up with how armor look before transforming. And somehow they needlesly put iconic item to that shoulder pad, even though put Rider helmet to Zi-O is enough for legitimate reason that Zi-O using their power. Not only they make Rider suit look more bulky, they also distract me a lot when Rider move or fight.
    Zi-O Decade Armor actually still look good if not because his ganbarider helmet.

7. raden238

raden238 New Member

I'm not a big fan of the gimmick item shoulder pads for the form changes. Decade Armor actually looks good compared to others like the atrocious W and Wizard Armor. The flat card face helmet is weird but its meant to pay tribute to the Rider cards. Kuuga and Agito Armor look best because it's simple and they had no gimmick items.

8. Hangyakuno

Hangyakuno Lurker

Yeah, the only complaint I ever heard about Decade armor is his flat faced helmet or maybe his extended device (some guy posted in youtube about how hard it is to spun Zikuu Driver with Decade extension).
    Weird as it is but I rather call it unique. It is has sense of Decade himself, in Complete Form, card attached on his temple and lined up on his torso. But most better of all, there is no weird pad on him.

Yes it is still big chunk pad on his shoulder, but Wiz armor didn't have a suddenly mismatched bigger pad feels like other armor, it is more simple than most armor which already appear in tv show. It is almost look like holy knight armor, like Kamen Rider Sorcerer. To put it in same table with W armor is a bit exagerating.

9. NeonZ

NeonZ Member

The main issue with the W armor to be is how unbalanced it is. Those huge shoulders while there's no extra armor for the arms and no armor at all for the legs. Its design is different from the toyguides, which had it as a tv form. It feels like its budget was cut when they decided to make it a movie armor.

10. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Guess who's back!

[​IMG]
    First up, Hasutaro Kamikura a.k.a. Kamen Rider Shinobi debuts in episode 17. He is one of the future Riders that Woz will obtain powers from. He is being played by Hideya Tawada, who previously played StarNinger in Ninninger.

[​IMG]

Second up, December 22nd saw the release of the movie 'Kamen Rider Heisei Generations Forever' and the big surprise was a short cameo from Takeru Satoh a.k.a. Ryotaro from Den-O.

Supposedly this was not the original plan. The cameo was originally written to be Phillip from Kamen Rider W, but while actor Masaki Suda was willing to reprise his role he had already signed up to enough work to keep him fully occupied for the next two years solid and so didn't have the time to come back to film. It was only then that they asked after Satoh, who had an opening in his schedule that meant he could appear, and the cameo was re-written accordingly.

ooo5 likes this.
  11. raden238

raden238 New Member

So we went from Cowboy Cheeseburger Ninja to Kamen Rider Ninja? That's cool.

I gotta say I'm a little bit bummed that all three of the Legend Riders (Kuuga, Den-O and Double) weren't reprised by their original actors :(.

Except for Den-O :D. At least 1 out of 3 isn't bad.

Toei did a really good job keeping his return a secret. I knew they had something up their sleeves and keeping Den-O's return under warps as a surprise was great. This might be the first time they'd kept a movie so spoiler-free.

ooo5 likes this.
  12. Hangyakuno

Hangyakuno Lurker

Happy new Woz :D

They really did put effort when create Kamen Rider Shinobi. Except his simple belt, it is hard to think Shinobi is reuse and mixmatch of old armor. He have unique way to store his belt even a giant CGI toad and sfx to his transform sequence.

13. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

The show's official twitter account has just revealed the next future Rider, Kamen Rider Quiz, and it seems that he will be portrayed by another former Sentai actor. This time it's Suzuki Katsuhiro, who previously played Hiromu/Red Buster in Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    In addition, the Toei Tokusatsu Fan Club, which broadcast the '0.5' episodes, has announced that they will be broadcasting a spinoff based on Kamen Rider Shinobi this coming March.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    ooo5 likes this.
  14. raden238

raden238 New Member

First Starninger and now Red Buster are becoming Kamen Riders? Also missed opportunity to have Suzuki Katsuhiro reprise his role as Red Buster for the 4 week Sental battle tournament special. We could have gotten a forever red team!

ooo5 likes this.
  15. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shinji Kido a.k.a. Kamen Rider Ryuki will be making an appearance in Zi-O. We can't call it a return as such, as supposedly he made some sort of appearance in the 'Heisei Generations Forever' movie. But this time he's bringing his boss Daisuke back with him.

However, instead of facing Another Ryuki the monster will be Another Ryuga, the dark counterpart from the mirror world that Ryuki faced in his movie. See how the name and year written on his chest have been flipped as if reading them in a mirror. :D

They will appear in episodes 21 and 22 which will air in February.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019 at 5:19 AM
  16. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Huzzah for Shinji's return! At least will be a bit longer than Kitaoka's ten second appearance in Chou Superhero War.