2017 Super Sentai Rumors thread

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Gold Samurai, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Frumix

Frumix I don't do sense

They're gonna reveal new stuff tomorrow.

2. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Do they have a pool table on the bridge of their spaceship?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

As usual, gotta love the grandiose Sentai promos. Each bringing different tones, delightful mysteries, and giving of the idea that every new team is THE team. Visually stating "You aint seen nothin yet".

...those jackets need work though, holy crap. The default blue clashes haaard with the other colors. Also, Silver's wig looks absolutely hilarious.

4. Frumix

Frumix I don't do sense

Garu is Kazuya Nakai
    Champ is Akio Ohtsuka
    Balance is Yuki Ono
    Raptor 238 is Ichimichi Mao (Yes, Gokai Yellow).

Team commander is called Show Rompo, another costumed alien role, voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya.

OP "LUCKYSTAR" by Hatano Tomohiro
    ED "Kyutama Dancing" by Matsubara Tsuyoshi

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  5. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

From Toei's twitter account:

[​IMG]

6. Kivat

Mmm, sunset makes them look delicious...Like sour patches.

7. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

A brief clip from a variety show, with optional English subs.

[video=youtube;N_1cxQb3xTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_1cxQb3xTE[/video]​

8. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

New trailer:

[video=youtube;iU2CGUDv538]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU2CGUDv538[/video]​

9. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

10. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

That announcer for each team member was at a Meteor Driver level of awful.

I guess those who were hoping for actors playing the villains will be disappointed.

11. Kivat

I mean if I haven't learned after all these years than that would be the disappointment. I wanted it, but can't say I'm surprised. Although, the cloaked figure obviously played up to be mysterious may potent...eff it, no he isn't lol.

I am..very much in love with what I've heard of the theme song. I feel I can say that for sure.

12. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

13. Kivat

lol pimp coat in civilian mode and ranger mode.

14. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

First up, the handover:

[video=youtube;SJ28DHrtymo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ28DHrtymo[/video]​

Then a 30 second episode one preview:

[video=youtube;KohOgTBkrxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KohOgTBkrxA[/video]​

15. Timeline15

Timeline15 New Member

Since these somehow haven't made their way over here yet:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    credit toAyaToyBox

16. Kivat

Biggest toy commercial yet. As predicted they have topped themselves yet again. Dragon mech looks lame pre-battle mode, but pretty nice when combined.

Other than that, nothing too surprising when it comes to the sentai toy aesthetic anymore really. The blue (polar bear?) ranger helmet looks pretty clean.

17. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

As it's not obvious at first, the bottom pic shows the red ranger's upgrade. It's a double-sided Kyutama that allows him to access both Sun and Moon forms. Hopefully Pokemon doesn't sue. :sweat:
    He's called Koguma Sky Blue so I think it just happens that's his assigned colour. He has the power of two constellations, Ursa Major and Ursa Minor. Hence the reason for the four wheeled bear-car and the little bear-unicycle(?).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  18. Kivat

Ahhh gotcha, that clears things up for me. Apparently this Koguma is a kid ranger that can also grow into an adult one? Turbo Justin style?

19. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Well they only did the Justin thing because Kou was so popular in Dairanger. Anyway the rumour comes from this:

[​IMG]

The rumour going round on social media is that the character first turns into this and then grows into the more normal suit design. Some kind of play on the Ursa Major/Minor thing maybe? It's a bit weird for sure. But this is a show that has already confirmed three robots and a "beastman" as rangers, so part of me wonders if the character is a small robot or alien? Maybe I'm just thinking along those lines because that scarf thing reminds me of the "pigtails" on the un-morphed pink ranger robot, and the collar reminds me of the black ranger robot.

But who knows? I guess we'll find out in April.

20. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

So, 11 rangers thus far, huh? Oy.