2017 Super Sentai Rumors thread

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Gold Samurai, Sep 4, 2016.

1. big_j_ny

big_j_ny Just an Internet User Passing Thru

Home Page:
    I have a feeling with the way this new show is structured so far.........expect this Sentai team to be the next Power Rangers team that follows after Ninja Steel

2. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

Probably. Actually, very likely when I think about it. I feel like they judge what to skip based on the mech. They might not think the giant cubes will flourish...or the cube anythings.

3. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

Zyuohger did pretty bad in Japan so I would say Kyuranger has a much better chance at being adapted. The 2017 Power Rangers was always going to be a choice between something that isn't super popular here (trains) and something that is but didn't perform well in Japan.

4. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

I think it depends on whether the name is meant to be a reference to Goranger (FiveRanger), seeing as that show also had a constellation motif.
    Well they're only mentioning it now because details about the show are being released. It doesn't mean the collab couldn't have been a year or more ago.
    I think they mean making any changes that might help the inevitable Power Rangers adaptation in the American market without affecting Sentai (which targets a younger age-range).

For example, IIRC the action figures are typically the best-selling toys in the States, but not so popular in Japan (where the mecha often sell better). Kyuranger has more heroes whose suits have more varied (and yes, less pajama-like) designs. Maybe the thinking is that this is more helpful to the PR toyline than to Sentai's, but shouldn't be a change that hurts sales in Japan?
    I think it means the last option. You should be able to recognise that it's part of the franchise, but they should still be distinctive and not just "a Sentai".

5. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

It's a reference to Goranger, yeah. The blurb on TV Asahi's website said "We look back to the beginning to surpass it with the next generation, the first series was Go(5)ranger, so this was named Kyu(9)ranger"

6. Kivat

Got it.

Yea, I fully expect the meetings to have been a year or so prior.

That seems sensible, changing the suits a bit, but with the current writing of these recent PR seasons..well Idk what demographic they're trying to go for :laugh:

Go-Busters was very distinctive in a good way, the suit designs could have been better, but they seemed inspired. The story was kind of lam after awhile but there was so much potential. They didn't stick to their guns though. Let's see if Kyu even has any guns to stick with.

Hm, that's kinda cute.

7. ForeverBlue

ForeverBlue The Cookie Man!

I'm looking forward to Kyuranger. Zyuohger was decent.

8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Member

So Bandai of America helped create this show, which is awesome. I hope this means this show is finally going to do something new and original.

9. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

Not really the show, the toyline, which mostly involves the visuals and not the story.

10. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

11. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

Suit actors
    Red: Takada Masashi (ZyuohTheWorld)
    Orange: Yasuhiko Imai (Chaser, Deka Blue)
    Blue: Takeuchi (Zyuoh Lion)
    Gold: Obayashi Masaru (Yellow Racer)
    Oushi Black: Jiro Okamoto (Azald, ShinkenGold)
    Silver: Keizo Yabe
    Green: Ayumi Shimozono (ZyuohTiger)
    Pink: Ryouko Gomi (ZyuohShark)
    Yellow: Shinsuke Kusano

12. Shougo B'Stard

Shougo B'Stard Would like to change his avatar

Home Page:
    ^ Surprised to see names like Obayashi and Keizo Yabe. (What's the last character Obayashi played, Vancuria?) It's also Imai's first regular role in a while. And yet another new Red. (Funny how you'll have to pry Rider from Takaiwa's cold, dead hands, but Red's been a revolving door.) What a weird mix of suit actors.

Takeuchi as Blue is interesting; everyone had him pegged as Gold, but Takeuchi can play it serious and cool, too, so it's nice he's NOT Gold.

13. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

Is Blue serious/cool? Thought that was Silver ...

14. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

Yeah I've been wondering what the deal with the Red actors lately is. We haven't had one serve longer than three years since Fukuzawa retired to become a director. With the main team so big I expected at least the seven suit actors from Zyuohger returning so it was very odd to see only four back. Part of me is hoping they end up as the enemies and we maybe get some more action out of them than usual.

15. Kamen Rider Kaixa

Kamen Rider Kaixa New Member

I loved Go-Busters!

16. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Looks like Kaixa Bird will be encountering some even stranger folks than usual in the Zyuoh vs Ninnin movie...

[video=youtube;LuXxSn6cUdc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuXxSn6cUdc[/video]​

17. Kivat

The overly positive/naive to a fault type? *scratches chin*

I didn't have much issues with the suit, but it looks relievingly (just made up a word) better in action than in the scans. That is usually the case, but yea.

18. ForeverBlue

ForeverBlue The Cookie Man!

Should have the villains have been revealed already by now? Normally every year when we find out about the new sentai series, the villains would be revealed by late December or early January but nothing came up for this upcoming new series that is about to start in almost 3 weeks.

19. Kivat

If they want this to be a surprise, I repeat, I hope they aren't rubber suits.

20. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Wouldn't that be something? A show where the villains are actors and the heroes (some, anyway) are rubber suits? Though I guess Go-Busters did that somewhat, too.