2017 Super Sentai Rumors thread

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Gold Samurai, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

So the third quarter toy pics leaked a few days ago. Scans are in the hidden bits below.

First up, the 12th Kyuranger, Houou Soldier. Houou means phoenix, which probably explains why he appears to have a helmet so very similar to Magi Red's. Despite the red coloring he is not a upgrade for Lucky but a new character.

He will be armed with the Houou Blade and Houou Shield, which are initially connected together in a bird-like shape. This is also his transformation device, and the Houou Kyutama (and presumably others) connect onto the blade, which uses the sound effect "Come on the..." instead of "Say The..." as the Seiza Blasters do.

Houou Soldier will be able to summon three mecha: a rocket called Houou Voyager, a satellite called Houou Station, and the Houou Base (which is difficult to see but looks a bit like a launch tower / landing platform). These three combine to form Gigant Houou, and can then be combined with the other 11 Kyuranger's mechs to form Kyutamajin.

[HIDE]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

The Saiko (ultimate?) Kyutama combines the power of the original nine Kyuranger in order to summon the powered up Orion Form. While this will primarily be used by Lucky it is possible for any of the initial nine to use it and the toy will contain unique lights and sound effects for each of them.

[HIDE]
    [​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

The summer movie will contain an exclusive mecha called Cerberus Voyager. It's three heads breath fire, ice and lightning, and it wil be depicted combining with the Oushi (black), Hebitsukai (silver), Chameleon (green), and Kajiki (yellow) Voyagers to form Cerberios (though obviously as the Voyagers use a common connection type the toy will be able to combine with any of the limbs).

[HIDE]
    [​IMG]
    [/HIDE]

Finally there will be a Kyutama for the Argo, and for the constellations of Tokei (Horologium, the pendulum clock) which manipulates time, and Kaminoke (Coma Berenices, or Berenice's Hair...yes that really is a constellation) which allows the user to grow long hair to attack the enemy with! These are depicted on the same scan above as the Houou Blade and Shield.
    Yeah I think budget demands that they simply move the location shooting to beaches, dressed industrial areas, quarries etc to stand in for alien worlds.

IIRC the implication was that it would be not long after Koguma Skyblue debuts. If that's correct then it would mean they'd be wrapping up the Earth arc very soon. Considering that the subplot to get black, gold and silver out of the way for the last two weeks was their quest to find the Pyxis (mariner's compass) Kyutama (which is meant to guide them to the Argo), it seems as if they're already planting the seeds.

If I had to speculate further, the real life historical constellation Argo Navis is no longer recognised and was split into three new constellations. As I said above, Houou Soldier has a three part mecha. So I'm guessing that the discovery of the Argo will lead into the debut of Houou Soldier (or at least of his mech). If that's the case, they will need to have found the Argo by the time his toys are released in the third quarter. So maybe each arc is a quarter of the show?

2. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

There are honestly a lot of weird constellations- Lakota believe in the hand, the racetrack, the shield bearer & burial procession & the fireplace. Clearly, they aren't going to do any of those, but they do exist.

Anyway, I wonder if they're stopping at 12 Kyuurangers to signify the Zodiac, or if the use of Ophuchus is a clue & they'll do 13.

3. Kamen Rider Kaixa

Kamen Rider Kaixa New Member

Please let the next ranger be a female.

It's too much of a sausage fest in all honesty.

4. Kamen Rider Kaixa

Kamen Rider Kaixa New Member

Please let the next ranger be a female.

It's too much of a sausage fest in all honesty.

2 Females to 9 males is not a good ratio

They really need a strong bad-ass Onee-sama type character

Somebody like the actress for Kamen Rider Malika from Kamen Rider Gaim.

Actually if they give her the role, it would be perfect in all honesty.

Minami Tsukui who played Kamen Rider Malika is 29

Sakurako Okubo who plays Hammy is 18

Ichimichi Mao's character has an AI that acts like a Chuunibyo tween

If the 13th ranger could be Nao Nagasawa, that would really help balance out the female to Male ratio

5. Greywing

Greywing New Member

Agreed, the gender balance on Kyuuranger is awful. I mean, Raptor's a suit so in real terms it's only Hammy on screen as an actual woman. I would have made Orange and either Silver or Gold an onscreen female actor too.

6. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

It's been confirmed that episode 18 of Kyuranger will be a crossover with both Gavan and Dekaranger in order to promote the Space Squad movie. Lucky (Shishi Red) will team up with Ban (Deka Red) while Naga (Hebitsukai Silver) will team with Geki (new Gavan), and Doggy Krueger (Deka Master) will encounter both fellow team leader Xiao Longbou (Ryu Commander) and fellow blue-dog-alien Garu (Ookami Blue).

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  7. Aoi Kurenai

Aoi Kurenai Mad Skillz

8. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Oh hi there Starlord...oh no wait it's our sixth twelfth ranger, Houou Soldier!

[​IMG]

9. Greywing

Greywing New Member

Have there been no new updates/scans for Kyuranger recently? Seems like episodes have caught up with announcements now Phoenix Soldier is in the show.

10. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

As far as toy scans go...well TBH my attention has been taken over by the Kamen Rider Build stuff so aside from the previously announced Shishi Red Orion form and the summer movie-exclusive mech Cerberus Voyager, I don't really know what's coming up for Kyuranger's toyline. Outside of toys there's been more announcements though.

The Toei Tokusatsu Fanclub's streaming app, which was initially the only place you could see the Kamen Rider Brave special before it's DVD release, will get a Kyuranger special. Starting from September 9th it will begin streaming a four episode long mini-series spin-off called "From Episode of Stinger: Uchu Sentai Kyuranger: High School Wars".

The planet 'Sleevie' is an educational world which Jark Matter uses to brainwash the most brilliant students from all over the universe. The Kyurangers send Lucky, Stinger, Naga, Hammy, Spada and Kotaro to infiltrate the campus in order to foil Jark Matter's plans.

It will be directed by Koichi Sakamoto and the only additional actor announced so far is Hiroya Matsumoto, who previously played MagiYellow and BeetBuster and has so far appeared in three episodes of the show (plus cameos in all the end credits sequences).

I haven't seen any news as to whether the app will get all four episodes released at once or if they will be made available an episode at a time. Nor is there any information as to if/when this will later become available on DVD as the Brave special did.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  11. Greywing

Greywing New Member

Cool, thanks Toku Prime. :)

Any word on what the next arcs on the show are, now the 'Search for Argo' one has concluded?

12. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

So of course, having said there's no news, some scans pop straight up. So Naga's getting a (rather tacked-on) power-up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But to answer the question, I haven't seen any arc names/descriptions translated into English yet.

13. Greywing

Greywing New Member

Interesting! Rare that a non-red, non-'sixth' ranger gets an upgrade. Be cool to see how this pans out, and if any other rangers follow suit.

14. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

A little info about some upcoming villains, the three Vice-Shoguns of Jark Matter. Most notably, all three are being voiced by actors who previously played Super Sentai heroes!

[​IMG]

On the left is Akyanba, the only female Vice-Shogun. She is being voiced by Arisa Komiya a.k.a. Yellow Buster. She will be the most important at first, as she will cause Naga Rei to turn evil, giving him the Hebitsukai Metal upgrade seen above.

In the middle is Cuculga, who is being voiced by Naoya Uchida a.k.a. Denji Green.

On the right is Tecchu, whose voice is provided by Hiroshi Tsuchiya a.k.a. Ninja Blue.

15. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

New magazine scans!

[​IMG]

First up is a new mecha called the Orion Battler! Created from the combination of the Orion Voyager and Battle Orion Ship, it will be Shishi Red Orion's new mech.

[​IMG]

The Battle Orion Ship also "combines" with the three existing mechs (i.e. they stand behind it) to act as the Orion Bazooka.

[​IMG]

Finally the show will dig deeper into the history of Champ's creator, Professor Anton. It appears he forced by Jark Matter to create a fighting robot, the 'Cow-Type Utilitary Weapon #0'. This robot could be considered a prototype for Champ, who he created after escaping Jark Matter. However this robot has now been reactivated, and to stand against it Champ must once again don his mask (yes, Champ was a masked wrestler...and his masked head is smaller than his normal one...) and become a wrestler again.

16. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

I thought Orion Battler would be a carrier that all the other mechas would combine with and/or be stored in. Apparently not. I'm disappointed.

17. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Stinger's actor has told his fans to look out for an announcement being made on the 19th of this month. The current 'best guess' online is that it will likely be about Kyuranger vs Zyuohger.