2017-2018 Kamen Rider

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Toku Prime, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Active Member

Build's first TV trailer (with subs):

2. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Active Member

You realize the show isn't designed for you right?

The jingles and gimmicks will get louder and more obnoxious.

It's designed for toddlers with short attention spans

In two years they won't even remember build except the repetitive jingles

3. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Active Member

That image was supposedly shown in Ex-Aid's summer movie after the end credits (hence the chair backs you can just about make out underneath the main image). We'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD and see whether that's true (assuming they don't remove it as the crossover flick will have probably been released by then).

However, the name itself seems to have been confirmed by the first official poster for the film:

[​IMG]

According to the fine folks at The Tokusatsu Network, the tagline written down the middle says “The shocking Final Chapter to Heisei”.

4. Black Fang

Black Fang Active Member

Oh knock it off. Why even have a forum or a fandom if that's the prevailing attitude? Make an actual counterpoint instead of just falling back on the old "kids' show, foreign country, you don't matter, bugger off" routine.

5. REREDRUM

REREDRUM Guess my Geass, Kiss my Ass

I'm calling it now. The 2019 Kamen Rider is gonna be Fidget Spinner themed. They will name it "Kamen Rider O-Tism". The first Kamen Rider where the lead is autistic and very good at fidget spinning.

6. Rider Kobushi

Rider Kobushi Member

No joke, I feel like you're looking into the future right now...
    Also, not trying to be inflammatory here, but this new actor I think might be giving Philip a run for his money as the most effeminate yet...
    I know Japan's leaning more and more in the androgynous direction lately, but man... predicting now that autism Rider might also be a newhalf...

7. Kainsword17

Kainsword17 Member

Why have we not had any pictures of the SMASH yet?

8. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Active Member

The Tokusatsu Network has kindly translated some text that was recently added onto the show's official webpage:

"In the past few years, we were told ‘Kamen Rider isn’t even Kamen Rider anymore’. But, even if it doesn’t have the looks of a Kamen Rider, Kamen Rider always had the same common point of ‘originating from the same point together with evil’. Kamen Rider Build is a series pushing out the Kamen Rider-ness. As Build will become the 19th Heisei Kamen Rider Series, the system and the settings can also be considered as a right-on-point Kamen Rider series by taking all the good parts."

There's been pictures of a couple of monster out there for a while. For example:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  9. Kainsword17

Kainsword17 Member

I meant by the magazine scans, like they do every year.

10. RiderKing

RiderKing Member

If anyone is interested, Build's RocketPanda form has been revealed.

[​IMG]

11. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Active Member

Baton Pass!

[​IMG]
    And a few SMASH on a magazine page just for Kainsword17.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  12. Kainsword17

Kainsword17 Member

Sweet dude^w^ I know Strong-Smash & Needle-Smash, but who are the other guys?

13. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Active Member

Avex have released a youtube video containing a sub-two-minutes "TX size" version of Build's theme song "Be The One":

Personally I prefer the pop-rock themes but it's pleasant enough when it gets to the chorus.

14. Kainsword17

Kainsword17 Member

Here's a question, was doesn't the official website have a page for the SMASH yet?

15. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Active Member

Leaked behind-the-scenes images of the filming of the upcoming 'Heisei Generations FINAL' film show that Takeru (Kamen Rider Ghost) will be returning.

[​IMG]

Also, someone has hacked the Build Driver to reveal 32 'Best Match' combinations:

16. Hangyakuno

Hangyakuno Lurker

I don't know but i have bad feeling about Build. Somehow I get bad impression when someone called Kamen Rider before we catch glimpse he become it.
    What if they start to talk, as kamen rider must do this must do that bla bla bla, while what they do just pose as cool as they can be.

17. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Active Member

So those of you that saw episode three will know that we saw a photo of Katsuragi, the "devil's scientist" who Banjou has been framed for murdering (and whose job is now taken by Sento). According to The Tokusatsu Network, the official KR Build website has now listed the actor whose photo we saw as part of the main cast.
    That's what W did and this show seems to take a fair bit from that show because people loved it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. Hangyakuno

Hangyakuno Lurker

Yikes please no. I dislike that hypocrite part of W.
    Atleast episode 3 reduce it to only that female journalist. And they keep show Sentou good side more often than only mob talk about it.

19. Black Fang

Black Fang Active Member

What hypocrisy did W commit?

20. Hangyakuno

Hangyakuno Lurker

I always feel Riku Sanjou's Rider was always lack of freedom and narrowed down variable of rider character while starting habit to show whacky gimmick. They take time to explain Rider justice which MC can't show that well.
    I mean in the end, Shotaro just imitate anything his old boss do or say and philip just do anything which picked on his curiosity. Moreover, W didn't want to leave their city while most of time they did is searching for lost pet.