2016 Super Sentai Rumors/News Thread (40th Anniversary) - Doubutsu Sentai Juuouger

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Gold Samurai, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Wing Saber

Wing Saber Member

Especially when he has to be the one to keep them out of trouble, Since they have no idea how Earth really works.

2. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Upon looking at the second teaser, the people gawking at the biped, talking animals are funnier than the biped, talking animals.

3. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

I wouldn't think Red is necessarily the responsible one (you can see from the first trailer that he's got a bit of swagger); more like he'd be the one to teach them about human norms. Just from what little we've got there, Green and Blue give the impression of being a bit more responsible than the other two

4. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

Took the words right out of my mouth.

5. monkeyjb1988

monkeyjb1988 Lurker

That is true :)

6. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

7. cobabooy

cobabooy Lurker

Hope that the show's villains will be interesting and threatening. The Kibaoni army has been extremely boring

8. TheNoMoreHero

TheNoMoreHero Lurker

Is it wrong to already be loving this red ranger? All he had do was do a slick hair back motion and point to the camera for me to like him more than the last 3 red rangers, and I don't even hate Right and Takaharu all that much!

9. lazycoconut

How does a stereotypically cocky leader pose indicate he's different from Right, Takaharu or Daigo?

I'm already seeing a lot of hype for this guy just because people are desperate for a "serious" Red. Inevitably he won't be (no show that looks like this is going to have any character played straight; and the promo material has already designated Tusk as the "serious" one of the team) and people will complain again ... especially if he gets a lot of focus episodes and/or an exclusive power-up

10. TheNoMoreHero

TheNoMoreHero Lurker

I take that as a "yes" then...

I guess for me adding that flare of cockiness is different enough where he could be more palpable (i.e. Captain Marvelous). Right, Takaharu and Daigo are trying to be like stereotypical modern Shonen Jump protagonists, so they are confident but it comes with being oblivious/stupid and faux humbleness that rubs me the wrong way.

"Oh I'm great at everything and everyone calls me 'King' because I'm that good, but I'm kind of a goofball! So focus on me!"

But if the show premieres and Kazakiri is King 4.0, yeah I'll be sad that we have season 4 of KingRanger (It's funny because Zyuohger translate to Beast King Ranger). But hey, I think they're on the right track by making him the odd man out for being human, so naturally he'll get more focus instead of just because he's red.

11. lazycoconut

I didn't say that, just that it's a little too early to say he's different from more recent Reds. (AbaRed and DekaRed both had to be responsible for instance - they were, respectively, a single parent and a cop in a position of authority - but still loud and zany)

Yamato being the only human reminds me of the setup of Timeranger but then in pretty much any team Red will be the "special" one, so ...

12. cobabooy

cobabooy Lurker

It is indeed too early to tell what kind of Red Yamato will be. I think we should at least wait to see episode 1. Before Ninninger premiered, no one expected Takaharu to be so annoying with that "I'm fired up" gag, so let's just be patient and hope we will get a decent Red this year

13. Kivat

Where are you seeing this, lol? Dude doesn't look 'serious' at all.

Gotta say though, from the trailers I pick up a couple vibes, I was reminded of Takaharu's actor when he was yelling in that one promo for the rest of the team to get off their asses to save the city; and by that I mean screechy, newbie-forced acting. Another vibe, is the vibe of awkwardness among the team, but that can be due to first day jitters.

On the topic of chemistry, I haven't seen glowing chem since Gokaiger and before that, Shinkenger. TQG's chem was ok.

14. LaZerwolfX

LaZerwolfX Henshin a Go-Go!!

You guys it's a pose; there is almost nothing to read into. Rangers do poses for the promos that don't align with their personalities all the time. I get that we're in a hyper-sensitive time where anything that is even slightly red-centric has everyone immediately throwing up crosses with their fingers as though it's Nosferatu but for reals; chill out.

15. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Ryoga wasn't that zany. I'd say he was a lighter version of Godai Yusuke/Kuuga.

16. lazycoconut

I agree with you on that one ... it's just that for some reason a lot of people seem to lump him in with the "screaming Reds"

17. RougeRider03

RougeRider03 New Member

The Worst "Screaming Red" has got to be Ban from Dekaranger. His voice could make your ears bleed.

18. kuroihikari

kuroihikari Member

I can see why his voice would annoy some, but among the "screaming Reds" he had the best character development.

19. DaikaijuSokogeki!

DaikaijuSokogeki! New Member

Home Page:
    Nah, the worst screaming Red is still Sosuke from Go-Onger. He was a selfish character played by a horrific actor to boot.

20. Kivat

Riiight, almost forgot why I liked him.

Yup, that's why I disliked him.

To be fair his enthusiasm was more tolerable than Takaharu's actor.