2016-2017 Kamen Rider: Ex-Aid trademarked

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by Gold Samurai, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

[​IMG]

My first thought was a medical type rider

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  2. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Unusual that they've also included the English text in the trademark application.

A lot of people online are assuming it's some kind of rescue-themed Rider, but something tells me that will barely scratch the surface of the show's actual content. Nothing in the name "Kamen Rider Ghost" tells you he'll wear hoodies based on historical figures. The words "Kamen Rider Gaim" gave no indication that fruit would be involved. And nothing in the phrase "Kamen Rider Drive" indicated that he'd be a policeman that constantly talks to a digitized dead man wrapped around his waist. :sweat: Toei and Bandai never fail to think up something much weirder than the title would indicate.

3. NeonZ

NeonZ Member

Making the alternate forms based on various 'ghosts' seems like a pretty obvious idea for a Rider called Kamen Rider Ghost. I really hope the "Aid" is misleading though, I don't see how a Rescue Hero type concept would fit Rider.

4. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

Some are speculating the rider could be medical based. A Doctor Rider.

RUMOR

5. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

[video=youtube;F0Od1OaHsYY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Od1OaHsYY[/video]

6. Wing Saber

Wing Saber Member

I think it would, if the Rider is focused more on saving people than fighting monsters.

7. Timeline15

Timeline15 New Member

Yeah, if we can have a police rider, we can have one working with emergency services, or a special rescue team. just hope they don't do a painfully drawn out 'secret identity' plot this time.

If this does turn out to be the theme, I'm hoping for forms based on different rescue vehicles. It'd be like the thunderbirds in the body of a rider.

8. kamsasdn13213231

kamsasdn13213231 Lurker

OKay since we going to get a rescue theme rider similar to GO GO V what items will he use.

9. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

If they're doing a medical-themed Rider, I'd wish they'd go for a less obvious route than "ambulance-themed suit" and weapons based of medical equipment. Something like a Medicine Man might fit better with the idea of what Kamen Rider is.

10. ferosaki

ferosaki Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !

Calling it now. The second rider is gonna be kamen rider HIV-AID

Lol
    How dumb it is for me lol
    And if recsuing theme is right, it is gonna use the dreaded episodic format again !!! (In ghost at least it is clever how they use a two part eps then later build the plot via overarching story)

11. kamsasdn13213231

kamsasdn13213231 Lurker

I think the first rider is rescue service themed rider and the secondary rider will be police themed rider or another member of a rescue service heck if this keeps up it will be just about two riders who work for a special rescue force who must co operate as a team which might be as a kamen rider series but with the theme of rescue service only with two riders as in "good cop" and " bad cop" as in starsky and hutch or lethal weapon duo type riders it will be kamen rider W again but instead of being one rider it will be two riders the official secondary will be another pair of rescue themed riders but are one male and one female

You know just once if bandai and toei use my nanobot idea then the franchise would back to its roots as cyborg themed heck ultraman franchise returns to its roots with Max and mebius

My thoughts exactly

12. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

I don't know. I'm wracking my brain to figure out what Ex-Aid could possibly mean. Other than the obvious, all I've got is Military/ Coast Guard themed, or (why would I not be surprised if this were true) Pest Exterminator themed. :redface2:

Although, I have to say, cops shows are a dramatic ripoff in the US. There's only so many ways you can do one & they're always hyper-dramatized & unrealistic. How many times are they going to use that idea in one decade of Rider.

Another thought just occurred to me. What if the Rider is just called EX, like an old school series, & the "Aid" part refers to having actual aids of some sort, like the little mini robot things they keep pushing, that actually have something to do with form changes, weapons &/ or power-ups?

13. kamsasdn13213231

kamsasdn13213231 Lurker

Guess we'll find out when further announcements appear in about next month or august though it will be rescued theme but the only thing we hope is that the franchise should return to it's lone wolf cyborg root rider theme for once rather that the usual heisei secondary rider theme it's too repetitive.

14. KamenGrappler

KamenGrappler Lurker

It's not gonna happen man.

15. kamsasdn13213231

kamsasdn13213231 Lurker

As i said before we'll wait for further announcements to reveal the rescue rider but i still hope for the franchise to return to its cyborg roots ,If i convince bandai and toei to return the cyborg element to the kamen rider franchise then we'll see a heisei series with the return of the showa lone wolf cyborg element.

16. Ice Ixa

Ice Ixa Lurker

The only Showa era thing I can really see coming back is the scarf concept.

Please give us more scarves...

17. kamsasdn13213231

kamsasdn13213231 Lurker

Thats ridiculous but since kamen rider 1 wears it especially in his powered up form maybe i think we need the scarves back for a while heck kamen rider W wore it just once.Oh by the way what will the 10th heisei phase two would look with a greek numeral X

18. Ice Ixa

Ice Ixa Lurker

Wait...scarves are ridiculous, but stripping the show of its merchandising and all of its forms and stuff, that's not ridiculous? Ok then...

19. Shogun_Master

Shogun_Master Why is every good TV show Cancelled

Didn't the old Riders have tons of gadgets & stuff, though?

20. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Member

One rider on a bike will not sell. It's not the 70's anymore.

Rumored toy listings