2015 Sentai: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger - News/Rumours

Discussion in 'The ORB - News & Rumors' started by TaintedSeraph, Oct 22, 2014.

1. LaZerwolfX

LaZerwolfX Henshin a Go-Go!!

[​IMG]

2. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

Why yellow? I'm not referring to a lack of yellow (I wouldn't have minded no Yellow this year) but to him specifically saying it was too feminine a colour to be given to a male Ranger.

Why should they be last just because they're female?

I think it's too bright and garish for a ninja theme. Similarly, I think orange would fit badly and even yellow, I wouldn't have minded a Black instead of a Yellow like Changeman

3. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Why not yellow? In fact, I'd like to see them skip blue one year too. (Red and Blue have been there since the beginning, and they'll definitely never skip Red.)

When did he say that? It seems that his quote keeps being changed with each retelling.

Why are you making assumptions on the order of roll calls?

Red and blue could be considered garish too. Frankly, as long as it's a dull coloration (as opposed to the color itself), it should work.

4. live jetabare

live jetabare Member

It's interesting to notice that since Gokaiger, Toei has always tried new color combos; outside the classic ones seen before :

-Go-Busters : while we had the classic Red-Blue-Yellow trio, we had two sixth with Gold and Silver : the colors were used, but never together like this
    - Kyoryuger : Red-Black-Blue-Green-Pink : a first for a core team; and while Gold is a classic sixth, we had plenty of additional rangers, including a Cyan, a Grey, a Violet and a Silver (and a special Navy in the movie)
    -Toqger: while the core team had then classic REd-Blue-Yellow-green-Pink, the sixth ranger was in Orange, a first
    and now, Ninningers, with that unique Red-Blue-Yellow-White-Pink, with a male yellow and Changeman girl combo.

5. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

Hmm, interesting. It's a bit difficult to get a proper assessment as they seem to be wearing some sort of individual sashes but we can't see them very well in that pic. I always like it when they have darker arms to imply the suit is two layers, although I wasn't sure about the Shinkengers' hip detail to make them look like robes (hey, I'm just a random triangle, chilling out) and repeating that here breaks up the clean look IMO.

The helmets are perhaps not as cool as either Kakuranger or Hurricangers' were, but they certainly have a bit of character to them and that's good. I do like the shuriken symbols on the sides to give them ear holes/ventilation. I think blue's is the weakest visor design though. Something about it is just a little off.

No wrist brace or obvious belt buckle mounted changer, and I assume that thing on blue's hip is just the connection point for his sword. Maybe the henshin device is the colour specific shuriken (or whatever it is) mounted on the sword hilt? (yes, I know the rumours were for scrolls, but that doesn't seem toyetic enough for a modern Sentai)
    I guess it depends where you stand on Geki Chopper's colouration.

I think green would have worked well for this kind of suit design. Hopefully it'll appear on the sixth (or seventh...eighth?...) ranger.

6. Taro

Taro Member

I really like Yellow's design. That combination of colors is pleasant to my eyes.

By the way, is it me, or are the visors on Blue and Pink's helmets almost the same? I could be wrong since Pink is at an angle where we can't fully see her visor.

7. Timeline15

Timeline15 New Member

Hmm, these suits look pretty cool. I certainly like blue-s helmet the best, as it actually looks like a shuriken, unlike all the others. Red looks more like a crusader cross. Still, I like the sashes, and the gold top part of the visor, and there's a good deal more going on than the Tokkyuger suits had.

8. Khaiden

Khaiden Heroes are forever

Home Page:
    No comment on the lack of green? I wanted to say how much of a pleasant surprise these designs were, but I've realized that the ones which really awe me the most are White's and Red's (it's like a templar cross, I am in love). The others are too similar to Shurikenger, and while that's not a bad thing, it's just boring to me.

Will still watch the series based on designs alone.

9. Toku Prime

Toku Prime Member

My only gripe with yellow is that his belt blends in with the design instead of standing out as it does on the others. But that's a common thing with Sentai Yellows (I'm guessing it's so they can include the belt as a roleplay toy and it's not just a boring grey plastic).
    Hmm I think the upper edge of the horizontal parts is a bit curved. It could just be the angle but it seems like it might be on purpose. But yeah it's close. I think white's visor might be my favourite at the moment.

10. Black Fang

Black Fang Member

Blue and Pink's visors are the same shape, but Blue's is more "straight-edged" while Pink's is curved.

11. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

Girls don't always come last, especially when numbers are assigned.

12. orphen20

orphen20 n/s

[​IMG]
    Anyone know their names and characters above and which ones are true?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  13. ShadowNeko003

ShadowNeko003 Lurker

Home Page:
    Took this off of Tumblr who got it via J-Hero. Blue's actor name does look kinda like Yuichi Nakamura. But the two middle kanji is not clear in the pic.

Red-Hideya Tawada (Member of Top Coat)
    Blue-Yuichi Nakamura (Played Yuto in Den-O)
    Yellow-Mario Kuroba (Previously rumored)
    White-Sakura Sato (Gravure Idol)
    Pink-Seika Furuhata (Member of LesPros)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  14. Firestorm

Firestorm Lurker

Yuto (Yuichi nakamura) really? he did return to acting recently but I really doubt this rumour.
    though if true it'd be kinda awesome

oh and I'm really liking the suits and colours for this sentai :)

15. Kivat

Kivat Some kind of Beast mode

Why did he quit? It would be awesome if true.

16. ShadowNeko003

ShadowNeko003 Lurker

Home Page:
    ChanNaka recently returned with a new agency, G-Star.Pro, so he's not with Watanabe Entertainment anymore.

I believe he "retire" due to health reasons and other stuff back in 2012.

I'm really doubting Blue being ChanNaka, on the fact that ChanNaka is 28 cause isn't Toei's age limit for KR/SS 25ish? Unless their going for older Blue like Nossan

17. Firestorm

Firestorm Lurker

Precisely, ChanNaka retired from the entertainment industry back in 2012 due to continuing health problems relating to a back injury. but earlier this year announced his return with a new agency. (which is also when he debuted his new facial hair)

There does seem to be a trend going on lately with blue being the older member Nossan, and then Tokkachi has been reffered to as older than the other ToQgers at times. so it's possible that blue may be older again this time too.

18. lazycoconut

lazycoconut I liked him when he wasn't a god

Yeah, there now seems to be an expectation that Blue has to be the "old" one. Ryouma Baba (Blue Buster) was 27 at the time of filming, Jin Hiramaki (ToQ-2) is also 27, and Yamato Kinjo (KyoryuBlue) was 30 so they shouldn't have a problem with casting someone of Channaka's age ... I just don't see why he'd wanna do it after two years of Kamen Rider

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  19. Shougo B'Stard

Shougo B'Stard Would like to change his avatar

Home Page:
    I've seen people talking about a rumor that has Sonny Chiba's son, Mackenyu, in the role of Red. I don't know much of anything about him, and he's a bit younger than I think Reds should be (18), but...Sonny frickin' Chiba's son! I'd figure someone like that would think they were above toku, though.

20. cosmos89

cosmos89 Lurker

Love the colours. So good to see a white ranger again.
    Their sashes seem to be their team's logo with their individual colours.

Their weapon looks cool but seems to be identical. Im hoping for a Green sixth cause it seems to fit the whole team well.

I hope the rumour about Yuichi Nakamura being blue is true. I love his performance in Den-O.