★ULTRA-ACT - News and Reviews

Discussion in 'Toys Unlimited' started by Raida|23, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Nope it appears to just be the same plastic used on the face. Just painted. Very disappointing.

2. kollekxon

kollekxon Member

Wonder why the change... well I'll see when mine arrives

3. Kamen Rider ShinkenRed

Kamen Rider ShinkenRed Lurker

I'm planning for after I sort out getting myself a Rider 2 for when Cyclone comes out to focus on M78/Ginga Ultra-Acts. At the moment I have Ultraman and Leo, Astra on order (I ordered both brothers when I realised Astra came with Leo's cape), and I'm considering grabbing Ginga, Taro, Father, King and Tiga soon. I've also ordered 3 of the cape in addition to the one I have, even though I don't have anyone to wear them yet. I might also grab both Jonias version since CStoys still seems to have him

4. kollekxon

kollekxon Member

got Ginga and those eyes are OK from a distance but up close they aren't. Otherwise I really do like the figure. Its very beefy compared to the renewal figures. and perhaps a bit taller.

5. Zindaku

Zindaku New Member

Maybe it's because the face is made of the same material as Ginga's head crystal.

BTW, how long do you think it will take before we get to see Victory's Ultra-Act?

6. okunohoshimichi

okunohoshimichi oku

7. Zindaku

Zindaku New Member

Transformers Ultramen?!

8. henshination

henshination Lurker

Ultraman 80
    [​IMG]

9. Zindaku

Zindaku New Member

YES! ALL 9 SHOWA ULTRAS!!!!

10. OH YEAH!!! THAT'S WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR!!!!

11. Shynilyte

Shynilyte Shyni

Home Page:
  12. Amon

Amon Member

So we have all of the Showa Ultras right?

13. Pretty much. Now all we need is Princess Yullian to go along with 80 and that's it.

14. henshination

henshination Lurker

[​IMG]

Ultraman 80
    Tamashii Webshouten, January 2015

[hide]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/hide]

15. 80 exclusive? What the hell Bandai?:shakefist

16. Zindaku

Zindaku New Member

17. SamuraiEchidna

SamuraiEchidna Member

[​IMG]

This is the problem with doing side-by-side shots of the toy and the actual suit from the show. With the Figuarts renewal of Kabuto, you could tell they went out of their way for screen accuracy. Here? It's plainly obvious that screen accuracy was scarified for the toy's unique mold. Kind of ruins the illusion when the toy has a more muscular build than the actual character from the show. It's like looking at two different people.

18. Kamen Rider ShinkenRed

Kamen Rider ShinkenRed Lurker

Can someone just confirm with me that the only Ultra's to be represented in the original body type were Ultraman, Seven, Zero, Leo, Astra and Tiga, and that now most of those have had renewals? (has Ultimate Zero had one?)

19. kollekxon

kollekxon Member

These had the Original Body type and then will or have Renewal releases :
    Ultraman , Seven , Mebius , Leo , Zero , Tiga , Imitation Ultaman , Ultimate Zero (on way) , Astra (soon)

Someone please correct me if there is an error.

20. Baltan II

Baltan II Space Ninja

Home Page:
    I'm using an outdated Ultra-Act checklist here to help illustrate this, so ignore the fact that it's not up-to-date, don't bother to tell me what it's missing and whatnot.

[​IMG]

I've marked all of the older bodies/scales of Ultra-Act Ultra figures here in green. Ultraman Tiga Power Type isn't included as he's something of a weird case where some of the better quality of the later Ultra-Acts were applied to him as well, including the broader chest that was thematically appropriate in this instance. Since you don't seem to care about these alternate forms, it's probably a moot point how you choose to classify that one.

Ultraman, Belial, Zero, Mebius, Ultraseven, Kaiser Belial, Ultimate Zero, Tiga Multi, Tiga Dark, Tiga Sky, Leo, Evil Tiga, Darclops Zero, Imitation Ultraman, Astra.

Ultraman, Zero, Mebius, Ultraseven, Ultimate Zero (upcoming Tamashii Web exclusive instead of retail), Tiga Multi, Leo, Imitation Ultraman, and Astra all either have now or will have a renewal version in the improved, slightly larger scale of current Ultra-Act Ultraman figures.

That leaves out both forms of Belial, all Tiga alternate forms, and Darclops Zero. Although Bandai seems uninterested in doing more kaiju or seijin in the line, they have no problems with the idea of evil Ultras, so a Darclops Zero renewal is possible, just not likely since the current fiction doesn't care about it and Bandai didn't even care enough to remold the helmet the first time around to give it the proper mono-eye. Tiga's alternate forms sold like crap and therefore make renewals unlikely, at least at retail. As for Belial, he's a very popular villain character and is likely to make a return in the line at some point soon, due to a deficiency in the number of viable retail characters. I'd say give him another six months and he's liable to make an appearance as an announced renewal, probably after Ginga S finishes.